Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by William Hargrove <Wi...@ig.com> on 2015/08/03 18:08:32 UTC

Adding readonly access to an existing set of ACLs on a znode structure

I have an existing nerve znode structure as below:

[zk: localhost:2181(CONNECTED) 6] getAcl /nerve
'hmac,'nerve
: cdrwa
'hmac,'deploy
: cdrwa
'hmac,'admin
: cdrwa
'hmac,'synapse
: cdrwa
'sasl,'deploy
: cdrwa

And I wish to add a readonly user to the znode at this level (and that would apply to all znodes recursively below this level) with setAcl  /nerve sasl:readonly:r. If I apply this then it removes all the existing ACLs.

So, do I need to supply all the existing ACLs and append my new ACL in order to get the permissions I require?

Furthermore, once the singular readonly ACL has been applied, it is possible to revert this? Ie I cannot now specify my original ACL as there is no permissions to do so, so how might I now remove the readonly access? I was thinking something like the below:

WatchedEvent state:SaslAuthenticated type:None path:null
getAcl /nerve
'sasl,'readonly
: r
[zk: localhost:2182(CONNECTED) 1] setAcl /nerve world:anyone:cdrwa
Authentication is not valid : /nerve

Many thanks in advance.

The information contained in this email is strictly confidential and for the use of the addressee only, unless otherwise indicated. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose to others this message or any attachment. Please also notify the sender by replying to this email or by telephone (+44(020 7896 0011) and then delete the email and any copies of it. Opinions, conclusion (etc) that do not relate to the official business of this company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it. IG is a trading name of IG Markets Limited (a company registered in England and Wales, company number 04008957) and IG Index Limited (a company registered in England and Wales, company number 01190902). Registered address at Cannon Bridge House, 25 Dowgate Hill, London EC4R 2YA. Both IG Markets Limited (register number 195355) and IG Index Limited (register number 114059) are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.