Posted to dev@ace.apache.org by Toni Menzel <to...@okidokiteam.com> on 2009/05/18 11:18:35 UTC

First code visits

On the railway, i had a look in the ace codebase, where i encountered
the tight java 6 constraint. With no wifi and just java 5 on the spare
notebook.. it was a stopper.

So, why is that in general (ace requirement?) and is there a special
reason why even basic stuff like the ant bundle-project plugin is
class compatible just to java >= 6 ?

Is the plugin source available yet ? Or is it possible to get a more
compatible (lower java versions) build (if possible at all).

cheers,
Toni

Re: First code visits

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
On May 19, 2009, at 18:08 , Toni Menzel wrote:

> Quick repsonse: have a good overview of ace now. Also, an exam based
> integrationtest in on its way. Cool is that this will also show
> integration of Pax Exam with non maven based artifacts/projects.
> (sorry for being off topic here..)

A bit off topic but nevertheless interesting!

> Now back to ace:
> Are there any additional / more high level slides to share ?
> I remembered some very colorful pitches that might help other adopters
> as too - if not apropriate here i probably just dreamed of those
> before.

Yes, there are some slides that will help understand the high-level
picture. When building the website, I will add some images from those
where appropriate. Please remind me if I forget this! :)

Greetings, Marcel

Re: First code visits

Posted by Toni Menzel <to...@okidokiteam.com>.

--
Toni Menzel
Independent Software Developer - Looking for new projects!

Re: First code visits

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.

Re: First code visits

Posted by Toni Menzel <to...@okidokiteam.com>.
fyi, plugin source links

Re: First code visits

Posted by Toni Menzel <to...@okidokiteam.com>.
thanks, marcel!

Re: First code visits

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
Hello Toni,

On May 18, 2009, at 11:18 , Toni Menzel wrote:

> On the railway, i had a look in the ace codebase, where i encountered
> the tight java 6 constraint. With no wifi and just java 5 on the spare
> notebook.. it was a stopper.

Ok, sorry about that.