Posted to pluto-dev@portals.apache.org by al...@daimlerchrysler.com on 2005/02/15 11:06:16 UTC

absolute path to portlet

hi folks,

I got a relativ uri i.e. /HelloWorldPortlet and I want to create a dynamic
link to /HelloWorldPortlet/VIEW. But I need it absolute!

The url should look like this:
"http://localhost:8080/pluto/portal/HelloWorldPortlet/VIEW"
how I get the "/pluto/portal/" ?

can anybody help me?

thx

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Alexander Martini

     DaimlerChrysler TSS GmbH
     Lise-Meitner-Straße 4
     D-89081 Ulm

     Telefon (+49) 731 / 50 96 21 7
     Telefax (+49) 711 / 30 52 14 95 72
     alexander.martini@daimlerchrysler.com

Re: absolute path to portlet

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.
If this is inside a portlet, create a PortalURL from the RenderReponse
or use the actionURL or renderURL JSP tags. The portal specific part
will be added by the portal implementation; you should not try to add
this yourself.

Chapter 7 of the spec provides some information on this.

If this is not meant to invoke a portlet, remember that a portlet is
part of a web application and you can construct URLs that reference it
directly. However, this bypasses the portal and will not work with
mechanisms like WSRP.

--
Jeremy