Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Erich Oliphant <er...@vantixweb.com> on 2003/01/15 22:45:04 UTC

[users@httpd] Umm, where's mod_logio???

Hi,
It's didn't show up in the modules dir or in the output of 'httpd -l' (after enabling all modules in my configure step).  Did some poking around in the source tree and it's not there either.

Did it not make it into the tarball???

Re: [users@httpd] Umm, where's mod_logio???

Posted by Zac Stevens <zt...@cryptocracy.com>.
On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 07:30:54PM -0500, Erich Oliphant wrote:
> That did not work :(  I pulled from CVS, ran buildconf, then did configure,
> make, etc.  I got an Apache build that again had all of the modules execept
> mod_logio, even though it was in the source tree this time.  Is there some
> tweaking that needs to be done to get it in???

When running './configure --help', is there any mention of logio?   Also,
what arguments did you pass to ./configure?  I wouldn't be too surprised to
find that you needed to explicitly enable the module, so it might be worth
reconfiguring with '--enable-logio' if you haven't already tried this.

Zac

Re: [users@httpd] Umm, where's mod_logio???

Posted by Erich Oliphant <er...@vantixweb.com>.
Got it, thanks!

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.

Posted by Zac Stevens <zt...@cryptocracy.com>.
On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 09:09:52PM -0500, Erich Oliphant wrote:
> OK, I've pulled the latest APACHE_2_0_RELEASE tagged stuff from CVS, and
> sure enough the mod_logio sources are there..  Now the hard part :)

Excellent!

> Should I create my own 'dist' based on the full tree, if so, I'm a little
> unclear about accomplishing this for my purposes.  I found the
> how-to-release.html doc on the site but the 'httpd_roll_release' script
> seems to need to bump rev #'s, tags, etc in the repository.

That's going a bit overboard for what you need :)  It has been a long time
since I have built from CVS, but based on the docs
	http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/install.html
I think you just need to run buildconf and then you can configure and build
as you would an official release.  You'll need autoconf and libtool
installed to run buildconf, however.

> Or should I try to build the mod_logio.c separately?  I've never done this
> 'by hand', w/o configure etc and I will be putting this on a semi-production
> server shortly so I need it to be 'right'.

Not to sure about this one - I'd imagine it's possible, but could well end
up being fiddly.  You might have some luck just putting the appropriate
bits from the CVS sources into your 2.0.42 source tree, but I wouldn't
count on it.

That's about all I can offer...good luck :)

Zac

Re: [users@httpd] Umm, where's mod_logio???

Posted by Zac Stevens <zt...@cryptocracy.com>.

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>.