Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by "Height, Jason" <jh...@subcorp.com.au> on 2003/09/22 08:01:41 UTC

Change in behaviour between HEAD and 2.0 branch

Hi All,

On the 2.0 branch if I call HSSFRow.getCell and pass in a column that
currently doesn't exist then I get a null returned.

On HEAD if I do this then I get a RuntimeException from
ValueRecordsAggregate.constructRecord because the type returned from the
cell type int list is -1. The current code is actually incorrect because it
should throw an ArrayindexOutOfBoundsException if only the if statement is
correct.

The question is whether to change the ValueRecordsAggregate.constructRecord
implementation or HSSFSheet.getRow & HSSFRow.getCell to return null when a
row or cell doesn't currently exist.

Any suggestions? I am leaning towards the HSSFXXX methods because they are
at the user level.

Jason

This e-mail (including attachments) is confidential information of Australian Submarine Corporation Pty Limited (ASC).  It may also be legally privileged.  Unauthorised use and disclosure is prohibited.  ASC is not taken to have waived confidentiality or privilege if this e-mail was sent to you in error. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender promptly.  While ASC takes steps to identify and eliminate viruses, it cannot confirm that this e-mail is free from them.  You should scan this e-mail for viruses before it is used.  The statements in this e-mail are those of the sender only, unless specifically stated to be those of ASC by someone with authority to do so.