Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2015/07/02 16:21:49 UTC

AW: AW: Problems Installing Flash SDK according to documentation

Ok so today I vested a few hours to implement a first support for proxies ...
However it currently only uses the proxy settings that you specify in your settings.xml
as soon as this is working fully, I'll add the options to the CLI.

I even added a small test that proves that it generally works, unfortunately I couldn't setup the proxy to be secured, so I haven't tested if it's possible to use authentication. Would be cool if you could give it a test-drive.

Another thing I built in today is a system property with which you can force the tool to download for a given platform. I needed this to get things running on a Linux CI server in which it wanted to download AIR 17.0 for Linux, which failled ... now by providing -Dplatform-type=MAC you can make it download the Mac version instead.

Chris

Posted by mscharp <mi...@fmr.com>.
Ok.  That makes sense about the ProxyTest.  It's interesting because that
test will always fail for anyone building the maven extension that IS behind
a proxy...  You'd almost have to check if the environment the test is
running on is behind a proxy, and if so then try to use those proxy
settings.  However, I imagine not many people are going to be building the
extension themselves, and if they do, they can skip the tests.So with my
1.0.1-SNAPSHOT build of the extension, I am able to get to the remote repos,
so I'm not entirely sure what is going wrong.  But, I did create two
separate poms you asked me to, and tried to build.  They are at the bottom
of the message.  Because neither pom referenced flexmojos, I had to change
the packaging type to jar so that it wouldn't complain about not knowing
what a swf packaging type is.The playerglobal pom built just fine.  The
fontkit pom has issues.  All of the font libraries seem to download fine.  I
get good output from the build, and I've checked my local maven repo and all
four fontkit libraries (fontkit, afe, aglj40, rideau) are in it.
<http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/file/n48926/Screen_Shot_2015-08-24_at_3.png>
However, the build errors out with: [ERROR] Failed to execute goal on
project myArtifact: Could not resolve dependencies for project
com.playground:myArtifact:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT: Failure to find
com.adobe:fontkit:jar:1.0 in http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/ was cached in
the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update
interval of maven-central has elapsed or updates are forced -> [Help
1]org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute
goal on project myArtifact: Could not resolve dependencies for project
com.playground:myArtifact:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT: Failure to find
com.adobe:fontkit:jar:1.0 in http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/ was cached in
the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update
interval of maven-central has elapsed or updates are forced	at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleDependencyResolver.getDependencies(LifecycleDependencyResolver.java:221)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleDependencyResolver.resolveProjectDependencies(LifecycleDependencyResolver.java:127)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.ensureDependenciesAreResolved(MojoExecutor.java:257)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:200)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:153)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:145)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:116)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:80)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.builder.singlethreaded.SingleThreadedBuilder.build(SingleThreadedBuilder.java:51)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:128)
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:307)	at
org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:193)	at
org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:106)	at
org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.execute(MavenCli.java:862)	at
org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.doMain(MavenCli.java:286)	at
org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:197)	at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)	at
at
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)	at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:289)
at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:229)
at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:415)
at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:356)Caused
by: org.apache.maven.project.DependencyResolutionException: Could not
resolve dependencies for project com.playground:myArtifact:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT:
Failure to find com.adobe:fontkit:jar:1.0 in http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/
was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until
the update interval of maven-central has elapsed or updates are forced	at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultProjectDependenciesResolver.resolve(DefaultProjectDependenciesResolver.java:211)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleDependencyResolver.getDependencies(LifecycleDependencyResolver.java:195)
... 23 moreCaused by:
org.eclipse.aether.resolution.DependencyResolutionException: Failure to find
com.adobe:fontkit:jar:1.0 in http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/ was cached in
the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update
interval of maven-central has elapsed or updates are forced	at
org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultRepositorySystem.resolveDependencies(DefaultRepositorySystem.java:384)
at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultProjectDependenciesResolver.resolve(DefaultProjectDependenciesResolver.java:205)
... 24 moreCaused by:
org.eclipse.aether.resolution.ArtifactResolutionException: Failure to find
com.adobe:fontkit:jar:1.0 in http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/ was cached in
the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update
interval of maven-central has elapsed or updates are forced	at
org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:444)
at
org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveArtifacts(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:246)
at
org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultRepositorySystem.resolveDependencies(DefaultRepositorySystem.java:367)
... 25 moreCaused by: org.eclipse.aether.transfer.ArtifactNotFoundException:
Failure to find com.adobe:fontkit:jar:1.0 in http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/
was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until
the update interval of maven-central has elapsed or updates are forced	at
org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultUpdateCheckManager.newException(DefaultUpdateCheckManager.java:231)
at
org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultUpdateCheckManager.checkArtifact(DefaultUpdateCheckManager.java:206)
at
org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.gatherDownloads(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:585)
at
org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.performDownloads(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:503)
at
org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:421)
... 27 more[ERROR] [ERROR] [ERROR] For more information about the errors and
possible solutions, please read the following articles:[ERROR] [Help 1]
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/DependencyResolutionException*Fontkit
pom*    4.0.0    com.playground    myArtifact    1.0-SNAPSHOT    *jar*
myArtifact Flex            src/main/flex        src/test/flex
com.adobe            fontkit            1.0            *PlayerGlobal pom*
4.0.0    com.playground    myArtifact    1.0-SNAPSHOT    *jar*    myArtifact
Flex            src/main/flex        src/test/flex
com.adobe.flash.framework            playerglobal            11.8
swc

Re: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: Problems Installing Flash SDK according to documentation

Posted by mscharp <mi...@fmr.com>.
Hey Chris.

I took some time today to create a patch for the mavenizer, I've attached it
to this post.  I hope this helps and you don't have to change too much with
it.  I fixed two issues.

The first is the one mentioned a couple days ago.  The BaseConverter is not
using the proxy when checking with maven central for an artifact.

The second is the the CLI converter doesn't use any proxy information.  I
added support for using the information in the HTTP_PROXY env variable.

Both of these fixes are for proxies that don't require authentication.  I'm
not sure if there was a better way to do it, and I didn't create any new
unit tests, but with this in place, I can use both the maven extension and
the CLI to mavenize the flex/flash/air/fontkit sdks.

Hopefully there are no apache licensing issues as I applied the apache
license header to the only class I added. proxyUpdates.patch
<http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/file/n48946/proxyUpdates.patch>

Re: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: Problems Installing Flash SDK according to documentation

Posted by mscharp <mi...@fmr.com>.
I changed the dependency on flexunit to

        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.flex.flexunit</groupId>
            <artifactId>flexunit-flex</artifactId>
            <version>4.3.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
            <type>swc</type>
            <scope>test</scope>
        </dependency>

since I saw that in the repo and nothing for org.flexunit.  With this
version of flexunit, and my hacked maven extension, I can successfully build
the example pom listed here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/Your+first+Flex+application.

Now that I have this basic template building... I can move on to attempting
to migrate my company's projects from FM 7.0.0 and Flex 4.11 to FM 7.1.0 and
Flex 4.14.1.

Let me know when you deploy new artifacts and I'll keep testing them.

Thanks!

Re: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: Problems Installing Flash SDK according to documentation

Posted by mscharp <mi...@fmr.com>.
Hey Chris.

Ok, so attempts to build with a full pom continue to fail, though I think I
know why.  I added more logging to my custom maven extension to help me
understand better what was happening and it seems i'm failing on the first
artifact in the flex sdk:

[INFO] In order to convert some of the skins in the Apache Flex SDK, a Flash
SDK has to be downloaded.
The terms of the Adobe licence Agreements were accepted by providing a
system property.
Using proxy: myProxy
Downloading
http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/installers/archive/playerglobal/playerglobal10_2.swc
Expected size: 296KB
 100% [==================================================]
Finished downloading.
Extracting playerglobal.
[INFO] Convert the flex SDK
Generate compiler artifacts
*resolveArtifact:
/var/folders/qk/91qw18xs50vcterddgs3rptssvz9001dt4x/T/FLEX-4.14.1-878044614303135564/lib/asc.jar,
defaultGroupId: org.apache.flex.compiler, defaultVersion: 4.14.1
Calculating checksum for:
/var/folders/qk/91qw18xs50vgrgcts3rptssvz9001dt4x/T/FLEX-4.14.1-878044614303135564/lib/asc.jar
*

It fails with the typical message, but I saw these two lines buried in the
stacktrace:

at
org.apache.flex.utilities.converter.BaseConverter.lookupMetadataForChecksum(BaseConverter.java:132)
at
org.apache.flex.utilities.converter.BaseConverter.resolveArtifact(BaseConverter.java:329)

I think the jersey client that is being used to lookup metadata for the
checksum is not using the proxy.  I added some logging statements to this
class, so the line numbers in the stack trace may be a little off from your
source, it it should be within a few lines.

I thought to try to add the proxy information, but not sure how to do it
since I believe this class is also used by the cli mavenizer, so it wouldn't
have access to the mavenSession.

So, I commented out line 329 in BaseConverter ( artifact =
lookupMetadataForChecksum(checksum); ) just to see if I could get past that
error, and now I get the flex 4.14.1 deployed to my local maven repo.

However, I now fail with this:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project myArtifact: Could not resolve
dependencies for project com.playground:myArtifact:swf:1.0-SNAPSHOT: Could
not find artifact org.flexunit:flexunit:swc:flex4:4.1.0 in maven-central
(http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/)

So, still continuing my investigations... but getting ever closer.

Thanks!

Re: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: Problems Installing Flash SDK according to documentation

Posted by mscharp <mi...@fmr.com>.
Perfect.  Both the playerglobal and fontkit only poms build correctly now
that I'm pointed to the correct artifact :).  I didn't realize the
artifactId had changed so was still using the old one.

Now on to a full blown pom.  Thanks!

Re: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: Problems Installing Flash SDK according to documentation

Posted by mscharp <mi...@fmr.com>.
Ok, seems the maven extension artifactId changed.  I'll try with
"flex-sdk-converter-maven-extension".

Re: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: Problems Installing Flash SDK according to documentation

Posted by mscharp <mi...@fmr.com>.
Hey Chris.

I tried to build this morning with the 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT, but it doesn't look
like it's picking up a new jar.  This is what is being resolved for the
extension dependency:

Downloading:
http://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/apache/flex/utilities/converter/maven-extension/1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/maven-extension-1.0.0-20150720.091629-109.jar

Seems like this one was deployed on July, 20th.  Browsing this url
(https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/apache/flex/utilities/converter/maven-extension/1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/)
only shows artifacts that were deployed in July.

Thanks

AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: Problems Installing Flash SDK according to documentation

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Michael,

thanks for confirming the out-of-date libs in the snapshot repo ... I just updated them. Eventually you can now directly use the unpached version there. Regarding the ".lastUpdated" files. Maven always does this if it doesn't find a lib so it doesn't have to slow the build down ever time. Usually it would have tried again on 0:00 of the next day. You can however force updates by providing the "-U" switch to your mvn command. This forces Maven to check snapshots and unsuccessful resolutions.

I had tried your poms at my customer and couldn't find any issues with it. Could you please clear your repo again and give the official version a new try? As I said, I just deployed a fresh version manually.

Chris

Re: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: Problems Installing Flash SDK according to documentation

Posted by mscharp <mi...@fmr.com>.
Ok.. and more info.

I added some logging to the getProxySettings() method in the FlexEventSpy
class and rebuilt the maven extension as version 1.0.1-SNAPSHOT and
installed it into my maven repository.

I updated my extensions.xml file to use this new version and now this mostly
works.  I am able to download the different artifacts except for one it
seems, and I don't know which it is.  I've included the output from maven at
the end of this message.

One thing I noticed is that the "Using proxy: MYHOST" line is something you
must have added, however this is the first time I've seen it.  I'm positive
that my logging statements didn't magically make this start working either.
I'm wondering if the latest 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT version of the extension that is
up in the public repository doesn't have your proxy changes in it?  This
could be why I couldn't get this to work up until now.

Thanks

[INFO] ===========================================================
[INFO]  - Installing Apache Flex SDK 4.14.1
[INFO] *** Getting proxy settings ***
[INFO] proxy information:: host: MYHOST, port: 4444
*Using proxy: MYHOST*
Downloading
http://archive.apache.org/dist/flex/4.14.1/binaries/apache-flex-sdk-4.14.1-bin.zip
Expected size: 68MB
 100% [==================================================]
Finished downloading.
Extracting archive to temp directory.
  99% [=================================================>]
Finished extracting.
Using proxy: MYHOST
Downloading http://swfobject.googlecode.com/files/swfobject_2_2.zip
Expected size: 27KB
 100% [==================================================]
Finished downloading.
Extracting archive to temp directory.
 100% [==================================================]
Finished extracting.
[INFO] In order to convert some of the skins in the Apache Flex SDK, a Flash
SDK has to be downloaded.
Your System-Id: b603c5b9
The Adobe SDK license agreement applies to the Adobe Flash Player
playerglobal.swc. Do you want to install the Adobe Flash Player
playerglobal.swc?
(In a non-interactive build such as a CI server build, alternatively to
typing y or yes you can also set a system property containing your system
which is interpreted as equivalent to accepting by typing y or yes:
-Dcom.adobe.systemIdsForWhichTheTermsOfTheAdobeLicenseAgreementAreAccepted=b603c5b9
)
Do you accept (Yes/No) ? yes
Using proxy: MYHOST
Downloading
http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/installers/archive/playerglobal/playerglobal10_2.swc
Expected size: 296KB
 100% [==================================================]
Finished downloading.
[WARNING] Failed to notify spy
org.apache.flex.utilities.converter.mavenextension.FlexEventSpy: Caught
exception while downloading and converting artifact.
org.apache.maven.MavenExecutionException: Caught exception while downloading
and converting artifact.
	at
org.apache.flex.utilities.converter.mavenextension.FlexEventSpy.initFlex(FlexEventSpy.java:169)
	at
org.apache.flex.utilities.converter.mavenextension.FlexEventSpy.onEvent(FlexEventSpy.java:86)
	at
org.apache.maven.eventspy.internal.EventSpyDispatcher.onEvent(EventSpyDispatcher.java:108)
	at
org.apache.maven.eventspy.internal.EventSpyRepositoryListener.artifactResolving(EventSpyRepositoryListener.java:95)
	at
org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultRepositoryEventDispatcher.dispatch(DefaultRepositoryEventDispatcher.java:139)
	at
org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultRepositoryEventDispatcher.dispatch(DefaultRepositoryEventDispatcher.java:101)
	at
org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.artifactResolving(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:662)
	at
org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:276)
	at
org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveArtifacts(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:246)
	at
org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultRepositorySystem.resolveDependencies(DefaultRepositorySystem.java:367)
	at
org.apache.maven.plugin.internal.DefaultPluginDependenciesResolver.resolveInternal(DefaultPluginDependenciesResolver.java:210)
	at
org.apache.maven.plugin.internal.DefaultPluginDependenciesResolver.resolve(DefaultPluginDependenciesResolver.java:149)
	at
org.apache.maven.plugin.internal.DefaultMavenPluginManager.resolveExtensionArtifacts(DefaultMavenPluginManager.java:940)
	at
org.apache.maven.plugin.internal.DefaultMavenPluginManager.setupExtensionsRealm(DefaultMavenPluginManager.java:867)
	at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultProjectBuildingHelper.createProjectRealm(DefaultProjectBuildingHelper.java:196)
	at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultModelBuildingListener.buildExtensionsAssembled(DefaultModelBuildingListener.java:111)
	at
org.apache.maven.model.building.ModelBuildingEventCatapult$1.fire(ModelBuildingEventCatapult.java:44)
	at
org.apache.maven.model.building.DefaultModelBuilder.fireEvent(DefaultModelBuilder.java:1270)
	at
org.apache.maven.model.building.DefaultModelBuilder.build(DefaultModelBuilder.java:437)
	at
org.apache.maven.model.building.DefaultModelBuilder.build(DefaultModelBuilder.java:417)
	at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultProjectBuilder.build(DefaultProjectBuilder.java:620)
	at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultProjectBuilder.build(DefaultProjectBuilder.java:411)
	at
org.apache.maven.graph.DefaultGraphBuilder.collectProjects(DefaultGraphBuilder.java:419)
	at
org.apache.maven.graph.DefaultGraphBuilder.getProjectsForMavenReactor(DefaultGraphBuilder.java:410)
	at
org.apache.maven.graph.DefaultGraphBuilder.build(DefaultGraphBuilder.java:83)
	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.buildGraph(DefaultMaven.java:491)
	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:219)
	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:193)
	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:106)
	at
	at
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:289)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:229)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:415)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:356)
Caused by: com.sun.jersey.api.client.ClientHandlerException:
java.net.ConnectException: Operation timed out
	at
com.sun.jersey.client.urlconnection.URLConnectionClientHandler.handle(URLConnectionClientHandler.java:149)
	at com.sun.jersey.api.client.Client.handle(Client.java:648)
	at com.sun.jersey.api.client.WebResource.handle(WebResource.java:680)
	at com.sun.jersey.api.client.WebResource.access$200(WebResource.java:74)
	at com.sun.jersey.api.client.WebResource$Builder.get(WebResource.java:507)
	at
org.apache.flex.utilities.converter.BaseConverter.lookupMetadataForChecksum(BaseConverter.java:131)
	at
org.apache.flex.utilities.converter.BaseConverter.resolveArtifact(BaseConverter.java:325)
	at
org.apache.flex.utilities.converter.flex.FlexConverter.generateCompilerArtifacts(FlexConverter.java:104)
	at
org.apache.flex.utilities.converter.flex.FlexConverter.processDirectory(FlexConverter.java:71)
	at
org.apache.flex.utilities.converter.BaseConverter.convert(BaseConverter.java:80)
	at
org.apache.flex.utilities.converter.mavenextension.FlexEventSpy.initFlex(FlexEventSpy.java:163)
	... 39 more
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Operation timed out
	at
java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:345)
	at
java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:206)
	at
java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:188)
	at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:392)
	at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(NetworkClient.java:180)
	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:432)
	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:527)
	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(HttpClient.java:211)
	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:308)
	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:326)
	at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getNewHttpClient(HttpURLConnection.java:1168)
	at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect0(HttpURLConnection.java:1104)
	at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(HttpURLConnection.java:998)
	at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(HttpURLConnection.java:932)
	at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream0(HttpURLConnection.java:1512)
	at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1440)
	at java.net.HttpURLConnection.getResponseCode(HttpURLConnection.java:480)
	at
com.sun.jersey.client.urlconnection.URLConnectionClientHandler._invoke(URLConnectionClientHandler.java:240)
	at
com.sun.jersey.client.urlconnection.URLConnectionClientHandler.handle(URLConnectionClientHandler.java:147)
	... 49 more
[DEBUG] Verifying availability of
/Users/a501341/.m2/repository/org/apache/flex/compiler/4.14.1/compiler-4.14.1.pom
from [maven-central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/, default, releases),
apache-snapshots (http://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/,
default, snapshots), sonatype-snapshots
(https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots/, default,
snapshots), sonatype-flexmojos-cache
(https://repository.sonatype.org/content/groups/flexgroup/, default,
releases+snapshots), central (https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2, default,
releases), rso (http://repository.sonatype.org/content/groups/flexgroup/,
default, releases+snapshots)]
[DEBUG] Verifying availability of
/Users/a501341/.m2/repository/com/adobe/fontkit/1.0/fontkit-1.0.jar from
[maven-central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/, default, releases),
apache-snapshots (http://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/,
default, snapshots), sonatype-snapshots
(https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots/, default,
snapshots), sonatype-flexmojos-cache
(https://repository.sonatype.org/content/groups/flexgroup/, default,
releases+snapshots), central (https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2, default,
releases)]
[INFO] Couldn't find artifact: com.adobe:1.0:fontkit:jar
[INFO] ===========================================================
[INFO]  - Installing Adobe Fontkit libraries
[INFO] *** Getting proxy settings ***
[INFO] proxy information:: host: MYHOST, port: 4444
Your System-Id: b603c5b9
Apache Flex can optionally integrate with Adobe's embedded font support.
This feature requires a few font jars from the Adobe Flex SDK. The Adobe SDK
license agreement for Adobe Flex 4.6 applies to these jars. This license is
not compatible with the Apache V2 license. Do you want to install these jars
from the Adobe Flex SDK?
(In a non-interactive build such as a CI server build, alternatively to
typing y or yes you can also set a system property containing your system
which is interpreted as equivalent to accepting by typing y or yes:
-Dcom.adobe.systemIdsForWhichTheTermsOfTheAdobeLicenseAgreementAreAccepted=b603c5b9
)
Do you accept (Yes/No) ? yes
statusCode: 200
reasonPhrase: OK
Downloading
http://sourceforge.net/adobe/flexsdk/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/lib/afe.jar?format=raw
Unknown size.
Finished downloading.
statusCode: 200
reasonPhrase: OK
Downloading
http://sourceforge.net/adobe/flexsdk/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/lib/aglj40.jar?format=raw
Unknown size.
Finished downloading.
statusCode: 200
reasonPhrase: OK
Downloading
http://sourceforge.net/adobe/flexsdk/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/lib/rideau.jar?format=raw
Unknown size.
Finished downloading.
statusCode: 200
reasonPhrase: OK
Downloading
http://sourceforge.net/adobe/flexsdk/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/lib/flex-fontkit.jar?format=raw
Unknown size.
Finished downloading.
[INFO]  - Finished installing Adobe Fontkit libraries
[DEBUG] Verifying availability of
/Users/a501341/.m2/repository/com/adobe/fontkit/1.0/fontkit-1.0.jar from
[maven-central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/, default, releases),
apache-snapshots (http://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/,
default, snapshots), sonatype-snapshots
(https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots/, default,
snapshots), sonatype-flexmojos-cache
(https://repository.sonatype.org/content/groups/flexgroup/, default,
releases+snapshots), central (https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2, default,
releases), rso (http://repository.sonatype.org/content/groups/flexgroup/,
default, releases+snapshots)]
[DEBUG] Looking up lifecyle mappings for packaging swf from
ClassRealm[maven.ext, parent: ClassRealm[plexus.core, parent: null]]
[ERROR] [ERROR] Some problems were encountered while processing the POMs:
[ERROR] Unresolveable build extension: Plugin
net.flexmojos.oss:flexmojos-maven-plugin:7.1.0-SNAPSHOT or one of its
dependencies could not be resolved: The following artifacts could not be
resolved: org.apache.flex:compiler:pom:4.14.1, com.adobe:fontkit:jar:1.0:
Failure to find org.apache.flex:compiler:pom:4.14.1 in
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/ was cached in the local repository,
resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of
maven-central has elapsed or updates are forced @
[ERROR] Unknown packaging: swf @ line 28, column 16
 @
[ERROR] The build could not read 1 project -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.project.ProjectBuildingException: Some problems were
encountered while processing the POMs:
[ERROR] Unresolveable build extension: Plugin
net.flexmojos.oss:flexmojos-maven-plugin:7.1.0-SNAPSHOT or one of its
dependencies could not be resolved: The following artifacts could not be
resolved: org.apache.flex:compiler:pom:4.14.1, com.adobe:fontkit:jar:1.0:
Failure to find org.apache.flex:compiler:pom:4.14.1 in
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/ was cached in the local repository,
resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of
maven-central has elapsed or updates are forced @
[ERROR] Unknown packaging: swf @ line 28, column 16

	at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultProjectBuilder.build(DefaultProjectBuilder.java:422)
[...]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]   The project com.playground:myArtifact:1.0-SNAPSHOT
(/Users/a501341/Dev/Playground/newFlexProject/common/pom.xml) has 2 errors
[ERROR]     Unresolveable build extension: Plugin
net.flexmojos.oss:flexmojos-maven-plugin:7.1.0-SNAPSHOT or one of its
dependencies could not be resolved: The following artifacts could not be
resolved: org.apache.flex:compiler:pom:4.14.1, com.adobe:fontkit:jar:1.0:
Failure to find org.apache.flex:compiler:pom:4.14.1 in
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/ was cached in the local repository,
resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of
maven-central has elapsed or updates are forced -> [Help 2]
org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginManagerException: Plugin
net.flexmojos.oss:flexmojos-maven-plugin:7.1.0-SNAPSHOT or one of its
dependencies could not be resolved: The following artifacts could not be
resolved: org.apache.flex:compiler:pom:4.14.1, com.adobe:fontkit:jar:1.0:
Failure to find org.apache.flex:compiler:pom:4.14.1 in
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/ was cached in the local repository,
resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of
maven-central has elapsed or updates are forced
	at
org.apache.maven.plugin.internal.DefaultMavenPluginManager.setupExtensionsRealm(DefaultMavenPluginManager.java:874)
[...]
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginResolutionException: Plugin
net.flexmojos.oss:flexmojos-maven-plugin:7.1.0-SNAPSHOT or one of its
dependencies could not be resolved: The following artifacts could not be
resolved: org.apache.flex:compiler:pom:4.14.1, com.adobe:fontkit:jar:1.0:
Failure to find org.apache.flex:compiler:pom:4.14.1 in
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/ was cached in the local repository,
resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of
maven-central has elapsed or updates are forced
	at
org.apache.maven.plugin.internal.DefaultPluginDependenciesResolver.resolveInternal(DefaultPluginDependenciesResolver.java:218)
	at
org.apache.maven.plugin.internal.DefaultPluginDependenciesResolver.resolve(DefaultPluginDependenciesResolver.java:149)
	at
org.apache.maven.plugin.internal.DefaultMavenPluginManager.resolveExtensionArtifacts(DefaultMavenPluginManager.java:940)
	at
org.apache.maven.plugin.internal.DefaultMavenPluginManager.setupExtensionsRealm(DefaultMavenPluginManager.java:867)
	... 26 more
Caused by: org.eclipse.aether.resolution.ArtifactResolutionException: The
find org.apache.flex:compiler:pom:4.14.1 in http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/
was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until
the update interval of maven-central has elapsed or updates are forced
	at
org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:444)
	at
org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveArtifacts(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:246)
	at
org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultRepositorySystem.resolveDependencies(DefaultRepositorySystem.java:367)
	at
org.apache.maven.plugin.internal.DefaultPluginDependenciesResolver.resolveInternal(DefaultPluginDependenciesResolver.java:210)
	... 29 more
Caused by: org.eclipse.aether.transfer.ArtifactNotFoundException: Failure to
[...]
	... 32 more

Posted by mscharp <mi...@fmr.com>.
Sorry about the previous message...  Here it is formatted correctly
(hopefully).

<http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/file/n48927/Screen_Shot_2015-08-24_at_3.png>

[...]

    <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>

    <groupId>com.playground</groupId>
    <artifactId>myArtifact</artifactId>
    <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
    <packaging>*jar*</packaging>

    <name>myArtifact Flex</name>

    <build>
        <sourceDirectory>src/main/flex</sourceDirectory>
        <testSourceDirectory>src/test/flex</testSourceDirectory>
    </build>

    <dependencies>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>com.adobe</groupId>
            <artifactId>fontkit</artifactId>
            <version>1.0</version>
        </dependency>
    </dependencies>

</project>

*PlayerGlobal pom*
    <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>

    <groupId>com.playground</groupId>
    <artifactId>myArtifact</artifactId>
    <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
    <packaging>*jar*</packaging>

    <name>myArtifact Flex</name>

    <build>
        <sourceDirectory>src/main/flex</sourceDirectory>
        <testSourceDirectory>src/test/flex</testSourceDirectory>
    </build>

    <dependencies>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>com.adobe.flash.framework</groupId>
            <artifactId>playerglobal</artifactId>
            <version>11.8</version>
            <type>swc</type>
        </dependency>
    </dependencies>

</project>

AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: Problems Installing Flash SDK according to documentation

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi,

the proxy test was intended to run on a machine without actually needing a proxy. I could immagine, that if you run it on a machine with proxy-settings in place, that the "run without" test will definitely fail, cause your maven settings enables them ... this could be a strange szenario ...

That's very unfortunate that you still can't access the remote repos ... could you please check the following:

1. Create a pom referencing the fontkit (and only that as a dependency). No flexmojos no flex, flash or AIR.
2. Create a pom referencing only the playerglobal in any version you like.

The fontkit libs are located on a server that needs several http redirects, therefore I had to implement a slow but more reliable way to download. The other artifacts are downloaded using a more direct method that is less robust. If the safe way works, I might add some "force-safe-download" option to always use the safe method, even if downloading an AIR SDK or Flex SDK will take signifficantly longer.

But regarding your other post ... yes I did add some logging to output a message if/what proxy is being used quite some time ago. Usually I did a "mvn clean deploy" from my machine to make sure the latest version is online ... will have a look at what's online and update it if needed. But thanks for reporting :-)

Chris

Posted by mscharp <mi...@fmr.com>.
[...]

  } ],
  "headers" : [ {
    "name" : "Host",
    "values" : [ "sourceforge.net" ]
  }, {
}
[...]
  } ]
}

Posted by mscharp <mi...@fmr.com>.
No worries Chris, this is going to be an awesome improvement when it's all
done.  Im just glad I can help get it tested.

I haven't had a chance to re test it yet, but I should have some time early
next week.

Thanks!

AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: Problems Installing Flash SDK according to documentation

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Michael,

Ok ... so I tried again today using another project (This time Flex instead of Air) and I could confirm not being able to download behind a proxy. Tracking down the problem I could see, that the proxy was used, unfortunately the Credentials for authenticating weren't :-( The reason was that I set this in the Air part of the extension. In my case I had an air application so it was globally initialized, after that the other downloads worked perfectly. But if no Air is requested, nothing seems to work. I refactored the code to initialize the Authentication in any case. Now I was able to correctly install the Fontkit and related parts (Unfortunately not the Flex SDK itself as the Proxy blocks all downloads exceeding a given size and the SDK is way above that ... getting me 403 errors) ... but in general it should work ... please give it another try ... and sorry for taking that many roundtrips :-(

Chris

[...]

Your System-Id: 9c53af7a
[...]
Your System-Id: 2345

Re: AW: AW: AW: AW: Problems Installing Flash SDK according to documentation

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Ok so it turned out that even this settings was missing the important entry.
The extensions seem to be treated as plugins and therefore need a pluginRepository for downloading the maven-extension. I uploaded a working and tested settings xml to the wiki: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/Full-Blown+settings.xml+containing+all+important+repos

I also had the chance to actually test the maven-extension in the wild at one of my customers which has a pretty restrictive Proxy controlling the connection to the outside world. I did find that the fetching of the config xml from the apache website didn't have any proxy settings and the authentication didn't work for the fast-download options. I think I fixed that now and just deployed a new SNAPSHOT of the maven-extension.

Could you please give this another try ... and try the new settings.xml ... I had to add the apache-snapshot repo to the plugin repos ... but with this it downloaded the maven-extension nicely.

Chris

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
To me it looks as if eventually your maven isn't able to resolve the flexmojos plugin itself.

Here the repository settings I use for a project of mine:
    <repositories>
        <!--
            This is where we get released stuff from.
        -->

Re: AW: AW: AW: Problems Installing Flash SDK according to documentation

Posted by mscharp <mi...@fmr.com>.
Here is my sanitized settings.xml file.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<settings xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/SETTINGS/1.0.0"
          xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/SETTINGS/1.0.0
http://maven.apache.org/xsd/settings-1.0.0.xsd">

	<localRepository>${user.home}/.m2/repository</localRepository>

  <pluginGroups>

  </pluginGroups>

  <proxies>
	<proxy>
      <host>http.proxy.asdf.com</host>
      <port>8001</port>
      <nonProxyHosts>*.asdf.com|localhost</nonProxyHosts>
	</proxy>
  </proxies>

  <servers>

  </servers>

	<mirrors>
		<mirror>
            <id>nexuspro-level0</id>
            <name>asdf Repository</name>
            <url>REPO_URL</url>
            <mirrorOf>*,!flex-mojos-snapshot-repository</mirrorOf>
        </mirror>
	</mirrors>

   <profiles>
		<profile>
				<id>nexus</id>
				<repositories>
					<repository>
						<id>central</id>
						<url>http://central</url>
						<releases>
							<enabled>true</enabled>
							<updatePolicy>always</updatePolicy>
						</releases>
							<updatePolicy>always</updatePolicy>
						</snapshots>
					</repository>
				</repositories>
				<pluginRepositories>
					<pluginRepository>
						<id>central</id>
						<url>http://central</url>
						<releases>
							<enabled>true</enabled>
							<updatePolicy>always</updatePolicy>
						</releases>
							<updatePolicy>always</updatePolicy>
						</snapshots>
					</pluginRepository>
					<pluginRepository>
						<id>flex-mojos-plugin-repository</id>
						<url>http://repository.sonatype.org/content/groups/flexgroup/</url>
					</pluginRepository>
				</pluginRepositories>

		</profile>
  </profiles>

  <activeProfiles>
	<activeProfile>nexus</activeProfile>
  </activeProfiles>
</settings>

AW: AW: AW: Problems Installing Flash SDK according to documentation

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Michael,

do you have the proxy settings configured in your settings.xml? If yes, do you need authentication?

Chris

Ok was able to test again today.  Still getting errors, here is the output.

[INFO] ===========================================================
[INFO]  - Installing Apache Flex SDK 4.14.1 [WARNING] Failed to notify spy
org.apache.flex.utilities.converter.mavenextension.FlexEventSpy: Caught exception while downloading and converting artifact.
org.apache.maven.MavenExecutionException: Caught exception while downloading and converting artifact.
	at
org.apache.flex.utilities.converter.mavenextension.FlexEventSpy.initFlex(FlexEventSpy.java:152)
	at
org.apache.flex.utilities.converter.mavenextension.FlexEventSpy.onEvent(FlexEventSpy.java:80)
[...]
org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveArtifact(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:223)
	at
org.apache.maven.repository.internal.DefaultArtifactDescriptorReader.loadPom(DefaultArtifactDescriptorReader.java:287)
	at
org.apache.maven.repository.internal.DefaultArtifactDescriptorReader.readArtifactDescriptor(DefaultArtifactDescriptorReader.java:218)
	at
org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultDependencyCollector.resolveCachedArtifactDescriptor(DefaultDependencyCollector.java:535)
	at
org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultDependencyCollector.getArtifactDescriptorResult(DefaultDependencyCollector.java:519)
	at
org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultDependencyCollector.processDependency(DefaultDependencyCollector.java:409)
	at
org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultDependencyCollector.processDependency(DefaultDependencyCollector.java:363)
	at
org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultDependencyCollector.process(DefaultDependencyCollector.java:351)
	at
org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultDependencyCollector.collectDependencies(DefaultDependencyCollector.java:254)
	at
org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultRepositorySystem.collectDependencies(DefaultRepositorySystem.java:316)
	at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultProjectDependenciesResolver.resolve(DefaultProjectDependenciesResolver.java:172)
[...]
org.apache.flex.utilities.converter.retrievers.download.DownloadRetriever.getBinaryUrl(DownloadRetriever.java:336)
	at
org.apache.flex.utilities.converter.retrievers.download.DownloadRetriever.retrieve(DownloadRetriever.java:123)
	at
org.apache.flex.utilities.converter.retrievers.download.DownloadRetriever.retrieve(DownloadRetriever.java:80)
	at
org.apache.flex.utilities.converter.retrievers.download.DownloadRetriever.retrieve(DownloadRetriever.java:76)
	at
org.apache.flex.utilities.converter.mavenextension.FlexEventSpy.initFlex(FlexEventSpy.java:130)
	... 43 more
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Operation timed out
	at
java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:339)
	at
java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:200)
	at
java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:182)
	at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:392)
	at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(NetworkClient.java:180)
	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:432)
	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:527)
	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(HttpClient.java:211)
	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:308)
	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:326)
	at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getNewHttpClient(HttpURLConnection.java:996)
	at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(HttpURLConnection.java:932)
	at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(HttpURLConnection.java:850)
	at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1300)
	at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLEntityManager.setupCurrentEntity(XMLEntityManager.java:637)
	at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLVersionDetector.determineDocVersion(XMLVersionDetector.java:189)
	at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:812)
	at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:777)
	at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:141)
	at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(DOMParser.java:243)
	at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl.java:347)
	at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(DocumentBuilder.java:177)
	at
org.apache.flex.utilities.converter.retrievers.download.DownloadRetriever.getBinaryUrl(DownloadRetriever.java:288)
	... 47 more
[DEBUG] Skipped remote request for org.apache.flex:framework:pom:4.14.1,
already updated during this session.
[DEBUG] Using transporter WagonTransporter with priority -1.0 for REPO_URL [DEBUG] Using connector BasicRepositoryConnector with priority 0.0 for REPO_URL
Downloading:
REPO_URLcom/adobe/flash/framework/playerglobal/17.0/playerglobal-17.0.pom
[DEBUG] Writing tracking file
/Users/a501341/.m2/repository/com/adobe/flash/framework/playerglobal/17.0/playerglobal-17.0.pom.lastUpdated
[DEBUG] Skipped remote request for
com.adobe.flash.framework:playerglobal:pom:17.0, already updated during this session.
[INFO] ===========================================================
[INFO]  - Installing Adobe Flash SDK 17.0 Your System-Id: RANDOMNUM The Adobe SDK license agreement applies to the Adobe Flash Player playerglobal.swc. Do you want to install the Adobe Flash Player playerglobal.swc?
(In a non-interactive build such as a CI server build, alternatively to typing y or yes you can also set a system property containing your system which is interpreted as equivalent to accepting by typing y or yes:
-Dcom.adobe.systemIdsForWhichTheTermsOfTheAdobeLicenseAgreementAreAccepted=RANDOMNUM
)
Do you accept (Yes/No) ? yes
[WARNING] Failed to notify spy
org.apache.flex.utilities.converter.mavenextension.FlexEventSpy: Caught exception while downloading and converting artifact.
org.apache.maven.MavenExecutionException: Caught exception while downloading and converting artifact.
	at
org.apache.flex.utilities.converter.mavenextension.FlexEventSpy.initFlash(FlexEventSpy.java:168)
	at
org.apache.flex.utilities.converter.mavenextension.FlexEventSpy.onEvent(FlexEventSpy.java:85)
[...]
org.apache.flex.utilities.converter.mavenextension.FlexEventSpy.initFlash(FlexEventSpy.java:164)
	... 43 more
[...]
[WARNING] The POM for com.adobe.flash.framework:playerglobal:swc:17.0 is missing, no dependency information available [DEBUG] Dependency collection stats: {ConflictMarker.analyzeTime=0, ConflictMarker.markTime=1, ConflictMarker.nodeCount=4, ConflictIdSorter.graphTime=0, ConflictIdSorter.topsortTime=0, ConflictIdSorter.conflictIdCount=3, ConflictIdSorter.conflictIdCycleCount=0,
ConflictResolver.totalTime=0, ConflictResolver.conflictItemCount=3,
DefaultDependencyCollector.collectTime=200219,
DefaultDependencyCollector.transformTime=1}
[INFO]
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 03:25 min
[INFO] Finished at: 2015-07-08T09:49:57-06:00 [INFO] Final Memory: 16M/491M [INFO]
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project myProject: Could not resolve dependencies for project COMPANY:myProject:swf:1.0-SNAPSHOT: Failed to collect dependencies at org.apache.flex:framework:pom:4.14.1: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.apache.flex:framework:pom:4.14.1: Failure to transfer org.apache.flex:framework:pom:4.14.1 from REPO_URL was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of nexuspro-level0 has elapsed or updates are forced. Original
error: Could not transfer artifact org.apache.flex:framework:pom:4.14.1
from/to nexuspro-level0 (REPO_URL): Checksum validation failed, no checksums available -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal on project myProject: Could not resolve dependencies for project
[...]
Caused by: org.apache.maven.project.DependencyResolutionException: Could not resolve dependencies for project COMPANY:myProject:swf:1.0-SNAPSHOT: Failed to collect dependencies at org.apache.flex:framework:pom:4.14.1
	at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultProjectDependenciesResolver.resolve(DefaultProjectDependenciesResolver.java:180)
	at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleDependencyResolver.getDependencies(LifecycleDependencyResolver.java:195)
	... 23 more
Caused by: org.eclipse.aether.collection.DependencyCollectionException:
Failed to collect dependencies at org.apache.flex:framework:pom:4.14.1
	at
org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultDependencyCollector.collectDependencies(DefaultDependencyCollector.java:291)
	at
org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultRepositorySystem.collectDependencies(DefaultRepositorySystem.java:316)
	at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultProjectDependenciesResolver.resolve(DefaultProjectDependenciesResolver.java:172)
	... 24 more
Caused by: org.eclipse.aether.resolution.ArtifactDescriptorException: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.apache.flex:framework:pom:4.14.1
	at
org.apache.maven.repository.internal.DefaultArtifactDescriptorReader.loadPom(DefaultArtifactDescriptorReader.java:302)
[...]
	... 33 more
Caused by: org.eclipse.aether.transfer.ArtifactTransferException: Failure to transfer org.apache.flex:framework:pom:4.14.1 from REPO_URL was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of nexuspro-level0 has elapsed or updates are forced. Original
error: Could not transfer artifact org.apache.flex:framework:pom:4.14.1
from/to nexuspro-level0 (REPO_URL): Checksum validation failed, no checksums available
	at
org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultUpdateCheckManager.newException(DefaultUpdateCheckManager.java:238)
	at
org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultUpdateCheckManager.checkArtifact(DefaultUpdateCheckManager.java:183)
	at
org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.gatherDownloads(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:585)
	at
org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.performDownloads(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:503)
	at
org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:421)
	... 36 more

Re: AW: AW: Problems Installing Flash SDK according to documentation

Posted by mscharp <mi...@fmr.com>.
Thanks Chris, I will test this out today.

On a side note, since you mention a Linux CI server, how are you running
unit tests?  We switched over to a Windows CI server (which is terrible)
since Adobe is no longer updating the flash player for Linux.  I'd love be
on a Linux box if I could still run unit tests against a current version
flashplayer.