Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Sandhya Sundaresan <sa...@esgyn.com> on 2017/05/02 22:23:16 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Trafodion 2.1.0-incubating Release

On behalf of the Trafodion community, I'm happy to announce  the release of  Apache Trafodion  (incubating) release 2.1.0.

Apache Trafodion is a webscale SQL-on-Hadoop solution enabling  transactional or operational workloads on Hadoop. Trafodion builds on the scalability, elasticity, and flexibility of Hadoop. Trafodion extends Hadoop to provide guaranteed transactional integrity, enabling new kinds of big data applications to run on Hadoop.

More details regarding Apache Trafodion can be found here :
http://trafodion.incubator.apache.org/index.html

The release artifacts can be downloaded here
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/trafodion/apache-trafodion-2.1.0-incubating/
or from the Download<http://trafodion.incubator.apache.org/download.html> page  in the Apache Trafodion website above .

The change log and release notes can be found here:
http://trafodion.incubator.apache.org/release-notes-2-1-0.html

Highlights include :
 *  The new python installer
  *   Ambari integration and much easier  install option for use on HDP platform
  *   New features, SQL functions and syntax extensions
  *   Performance enhancements
  *   300+ Bug fixes resolved

Documentation:
http://trafodion.incubator.apache.org/documentation.html#a210_Release

Thank you !
Sandhya
For The Apache Trafodion (incubating) Team.

RE: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Trafodion 2.1.0-incubating Release

Posted by Dave Birdsall <da...@esgyn.com>.
This is great news! And thank you, Sandhya, for your devoted service as Release Manager for this release.

Dave

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
My apologies!

But d**n, I had to resent the announcement (missing the 'incubating'
disclaimer). Now it has gone out correctly.
Best regards,

Pierre Smits

ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
OFBiz based solutions & services