Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Abbs, David A" <da...@eds.com> on 2006/01/03 11:35:25 UTC

[m2]Local repo problem

I have setup a local repository and dependencies are getting downloaded
to it fine.

I tried to put my own jar in their (an oracle db driver)

I am running maven 2 of windows xp.

Doing the following:

Setup repository at location

C:/mvnlocalrep

Then add the following structure

C:
  mvnlocalrep
      oraclejar
	jars
	  classes12.jar
	poms
	  classes12.pom

In the pom file I write the following

<project>
  <modelVersion>10.0.1</modelVersion>
  <groupId>oraclejdbc</groupId>
  <artifactId>classes12</artifactId>
  <version>0.1</version>
</project>

The I add this to the pom.xml where I want to use the dependency

     <dependency>
      <groupId>oraclejdbc</groupId>
      <artifactId>classes12</artifactId>
      <version>0.1</version>
      <scope>compile</scope>
    </dependency>

When I then do a

Mvn compile on the project I get this:

required artifacts missing:
  oraclejdbc:classes12:jar:0.1

for the artifact:
  org.bms:bms1_3:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

I would be eternally grateful for any help on this.

Thanks in advance.

Re: [m2]Local repo problem

Posted by Tim Davies <ti...@ktsplc.com>.
David,

Im quite new myself but can try and give a couple of suggestions.

One is your model version. I believe this refers to the pom so should
probably be 4.0.0.

Also you may be better to use the install command to upload your jar to
the repository. I believe this command auto generates the metadata and
md5 checksum for your jar so it should be more reliable.

regards

Tim D

--
Tim Davies
Analyst Developer

KTS PLC: Service you can bank on
8th Floor, Finsbury Tower,
103-105 Bunhill Row,
London  EC1Y 8LZ
tel: +44 (0)20 7256 2300
fax: +44 (0)20 7256 2301

email: tim.davies@ktsplc.com
web: http://www.ktsplc.com

Re: [m2]Local repo problem

Posted by Bill Dudney <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi David,

Instead of manually installing the jar let maven do it for you;

mvn -DartifactId=oraclejar -Dfile=./classes12.jar -DgroupId=oraclejar
-Dpackaging=jar -Dversion=1.2 install:install-file

Which will cause your jar file to be put into the repository properly.

Also - you appear to be using an maven 1 repo layout for your m2
repo, make sure to specify legacy in your pointer to the repository.

HTH,

Bill Dudney
MyFaces - myfaces.apache.org
Wadi - incubator.apache.org/wadi