Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by "E. Naeher" <en...@yifan.net> on 2003/07/21 02:02:23 UTC

Boolean XPath?

Can someone explain why the following XPaths do not work with Xindice 1.0?

'/foo/bar and /foo/fnord'
'(/foo/bar) and (/foo/fnord)'
'( (/foo/bar) and (/foo/fnord) )'

I would like to be able to test for combinations of elements and get the contents of multiple elements returned in the Xindice result set.  Is this impossible or am I misphrasing my XPaths?  I have used similar XPaths in XSLT in the past with no problems, but as Xindice queries I get no output and the server throws an exception (org.apache.xpath.XPathException: Can not convert #BOOLEAN to a NodeList!)

Thanks,

--Eli Naeher