Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Ward Loving <wa...@appirio.com> on 2014/01/10 16:09:23 UTC

Reusing HBase Connections

Hello:

I'm running Nutch 2.2.1 and HBase 0.90.6 in standalone mode.  And I'm
finding that my HBase instance is running out of connections.   I think the
default is 30 and I reset to 300, but eventually I'm finding I'm running
out of open connections.  It just takes a little longer with the higher
number.

Is this just an issue in standalone mode?  I'm not sure why Nutch wouldn't
be reusing open connections.  I'm hoping there is just some simple
configuration that is responsible.  Has anyone had a similar issue and
could point me in the write direction.

The error that I'm seeing is the following:

2014-01-09 15:02:12,763 ERROR crawl.GeneratorJob - GeneratorJob:
org.apache.gora.util.GoraException: java.lang.RuntimeException:
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ZooKeeperConnectionException: HBase is able to
connect to ZooKeeper but the connection closes immediately. This could be a
sign that the server has too many connections (30 is the default). Consider
inspecting your ZK server logs for that error and then make sure you are
reusing HBaseConfiguration as often as you can. See HTable's javadoc for
more information.
at
org.apache.gora.store.DataStoreFactory.createDataStore(DataStoreFactory.java:167)
at
org.apache.gora.store.DataStoreFactory.createDataStore(DataStoreFactory.java:135)
at
org.apache.nutch.storage.StorageUtils.createWebStore(StorageUtils.java:75)
at
org.apache.nutch.storage.StorageUtils.initMapperJob(StorageUtils.java:119)
at org.apache.nutch.crawl.GeneratorJob.run(GeneratorJob.java:196)
at org.apache.nutch.crawl.GeneratorJob.generate(GeneratorJob.java:223)
at org.apache.nutch.crawl.GeneratorJob.run(GeneratorJob.java:279)
at org.apache.nutch.crawl.GeneratorJob.main(GeneratorJob.java:287)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException:
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ZooKeeperConnectionException: HBase is able to
connect to ZooKeeper but the connection closes immediately. This could be a
sign that the server has too many connections (30 is the default). Consider
inspecting your ZK server logs for that error and then make sure you are
reusing HBaseConfiguration as often as you can. See HTable's javadoc for
more information.
at org.apache.gora.hbase.store.HBaseStore.initialize(HBaseStore.java:127)
at
org.apache.gora.store.DataStoreFactory.initializeDataStore(DataStoreFactory.java:102)
at
org.apache.gora.store.DataStoreFactory.createDataStore(DataStoreFactory.java:161)
... 8 more

--
Ward Loving
Technical Architect