Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org> on 2004/03/11 23:18:04 UTC

1.0 Showstoppers?

Are the showstoppers that are listed in the STATUS file the only
ones we have? (for APR, APR-UTIL, etc...)

-aaron

Re: 1.0 Showstoppers?

Posted by Sander Striker <st...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 2004-03-12 at 11:18, Klaus Keppler wrote:
> Please, could anyone send a reply to me if this messages arrives
> you?
>
> > Maybe some of:
> [...]
> > - fixing condition variables on Win32
>
> I sent a patch for apr_thread_cond_wait @ WIN32 some weeks ago,
> and still got *no* response. If there's some problem with the
> patch or whatever please let me know. It's somehow not very
> nice when you want to contribute but no-one listens to you...?
> (By the way: even something like "yeah, we got your patch, but
> got no time to test it" would be appreciated...)

Sorry about that:

Yes, we got your patch, but are currently lacking time to test
it.  Thank you for your patience.  We will get back to you.

Thanks,

Sander

Re: 1.0 Showstoppers?

Posted by Klaus Keppler <kl...@informatik.stud.uni-erlangen.de>.
Please, could anyone send a reply to me if this messages arrives
you?

> Maybe some of:
[...]
> - fixing condition variables on Win32

I sent a patch for apr_thread_cond_wait @ WIN32 some weeks ago,
and still got *no* response. If there's some problem with the
patch or whatever please let me know. It's somehow not very
nice when you want to contribute but no-one listens to you...?
(By the way: even something like "yeah, we got your patch, but
got no time to test it" would be appreciated...)

klaus

Re: 1.0 Showstoppers?

Posted by Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>.
On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 11:34:27PM +0000, Joe Orton wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 02:18:04PM -0800, Aaron Bannert wrote:
> > Are the showstoppers that are listed in the STATUS file the only
> > ones we have? (for APR, APR-UTIL, etc...)

[...]
> - fixing condition variables on Win32

There is a patch out there, is it sufficient?

> - adding LFS support for relevant Unixes

Can you clarify this?

-aaron

Re: 1.0 Showstoppers?

Posted by Sander Striker <st...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 2004-03-12 at 00:34, Joe Orton wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 02:18:04PM -0800, Aaron Bannert wrote:
> > Are the showstoppers that are listed in the STATUS file the only
> > ones we have? (for APR, APR-UTIL, etc...)
>
> Maybe some of:
>
> - removal of nested mutex from the API

Which causes breakage in the pools debug code.  The logic will
have to be rethought to prevent deadlocks, if no nested mutexes
can be used.

> - fixing condition variables on Win32

Defer to 1.0.1?

Re: 1.0 Showstoppers?

Posted by Joe Orton <jo...@manyfish.co.uk>.
On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 02:18:04PM -0800, Aaron Bannert wrote:
> Are the showstoppers that are listed in the STATUS file the only
> ones we have? (for APR, APR-UTIL, etc...)

Maybe some of:

- removal of nested mutex from the API
- fixing condition variables on Win32
- adding LFS support for relevant Unixes

joe