Posted to dev@vxquery.apache.org by Erandi Ganepola <er...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/30 10:36:22 UTC

GSoC Project Progress - Apache VXQuery (RESTful API)

Hi All,

According to my GSoC proposal's timeline, REST API module is supposed to be
completed for the 1st evaluation. Keeping up to the timeline, I have
completed the REST API implementation and pushed to my github fork [1].
Currently I'm in the process of adding more test cases for the
functionality checking. Also there are some optimizations to be done in the
project. I'm expecting to work on them in coming week.

After the 1st evaluation, according to the timeline I expect to implement
the CLI module on top of REST API.

[1] https://github.com/erandiganepola/vxquery

Thanks and Regards,

*Erandi Ganepola*
Undergraduate
BSc. Management and Information Technology (IT Sp.)
University of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka

<https://www.linkedin.com/in/erandiganepola/>
<https://github.com/erandiganepola>   <https://twitter.com/erandiganepola>

Re: GSoC Project Progress - Apache VXQuery (RESTful API)

Posted by Erandi Ganepola <er...@gmail.com>.
Hi Preston,

Yes, since this project have 3 distinct components (REST API, CLI and web
interface), all of them can be merged separately. Therefore I think I will
be able to send a PR for the REST API once I finish writing all test cases
for that. Also I have to do some optimizations in request handling and
sending responses as we have discussed (sending query responses as chunks
needs to be implemented yet). I hope I will be able to finish them by the
end of next week. I will send a PR after that.

Thanks and Regards,
Erandi

Posted by Preston Carman <pr...@apache.org>.