Posted to user@struts.apache.org by sr...@wachovia.com on 2007/02/20 22:47:48 UTC

Usage of Struts - Tiles using tile controllers (Please help as i couldn't find enough documentation on it)

Hi,

I trying to implement "Tile Controllers" concept in Struts 1.3.5 and i am
not able to find enough documentation like any sample examples, etc. about
it. Can any of you please direct towards a resource which has some sample
applications using tile controllers.

Thank you
Sri

Re: Usage of Struts - Tiles using tile controllers (Please help asi couldn't find enough documentation on it)

Posted by sr...@wachovia.com.
If you can post some demo, that would be of great help Ray. Basically, i
am trying to use tiles action or tiles controller. I would wait for your
reply on this.

Thanks again.
Sri
sriharsha.chevuru@wachovia.com

Ray Clough <ra...@allthisisthat.com>
02/20/2007 08:04 PM

Please respond to
"Struts Users Mailing List" <us...@struts.apache.org>

cc

Subject
Re: Usage of Struts - Tiles using tile controllers (Please help asi
couldn't find enough documentation on it)

Sri,
]
If you're still having problems with Tiles in Struts 1.x, I have a demo
app I used for a Struts class at UCLA Extension.  It has lots of things
going on besides Tiles, but I use Tiles exclusively for all pages, and
it is fairly easy to follow.  If you or anyone would like it, I'd be
happy to post it somewhere and you can have at it.  There are a number
of ways of using Tiles, but the only way which makes sense to me is to
declare screens in a centralized xml file and to have the action results
call the tiles screens instead of raw jsp.  Another thing the app does
is to use 'jspx' format docs instead of 'jsp' pages.  The use of jspx
(Sun calls them 'jsp documents') seems to me like a big improvement over
jsp, and there are equivalent jsp and jspx pages for everything.

- Ray Clough
ray@allthisisthat.com

sriharsha.chevuru@wachovia.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I trying to implement "Tile Controllers" concept in Struts 1.3.5 and i
am
> not able to find enough documentation like any sample examples, etc.
about
> it. Can any of you please direct towards a resource which has some
sample
> applications using tile controllers.
>
> Thank you
> Sri

ForwardSourceID:NT000036B2

Re: Usage of Struts - Tiles using tile controllers (Please help as i couldn't find enough documentation on it)

Posted by Ray Clough <ra...@allthisisthat.com>.
Sri,
]

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
My only point is that I don't recall there being any
more TilesController information in that book (I
actually don't recall *any*, but it's been awhile
since I've looked at a non-Lisp Apress book) than
there is in the tutorial link, and going over the
tutorial is free.

--- Andrew Pliszka wrote:
> one developer hour might be easly worth $1000 or
more
> to the company,

Clearly I work at the wrong company.

d.

Re: Usage of Struts - Tiles using tile controllers (Please help as i couldn't find enough documentation on it)

Posted by Andrew Pliszka <ap...@alienforceit.com>.
I do not want to start flame war, but one developer hour might be easly
worth $1000 or more to the company, so spending $25 on a book is very
resonable. If you have a team of developers working with Struts they
should have full library avaliable to them.

I am just efficiency freak, and yes I use to have to wash my hands every
15 minutes ;)

Andrew Pliszka

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Andrew Pliszka <ap...@alienforceit.com>.