Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Sean Mackrory <ma...@gmail.com> on 2019/07/01 23:35:43 UTC

new committer: Gabor Bota

The Project Management Committee (PMC) for Apache Hadoop
has invited Gabor Bota to become a committer and we are pleased
to announce that he has accepted.

Gabor has been working on the S3A file-system, especially on
the robustness and completeness of S3Guard to help deal with
inconsistency in object storage. I'm excited to see his work
with the community continue!

Being a committer enables easier contribution to the
project since there is no need to go via the patch
submission process. This should enable better productivity.

Re: new committer: Gabor Bota

Posted by Dinesh Chitlangia <dc...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
Congrats Gabor!

-Dinesh