Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Kurt Ward <ku...@yahoo.com> on 2001/12/17 20:47:28 UTC

XML-RPC Interface

Hello all,

I have been working on a PhP development/admin tool for Xindice for the last
couple of weeks.
The project is at:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpxindice/

An online demo can be seen at:
http://24.1.39.75:81/dbxml/index.php

I hope it proves useful to you guys.

What I could use is a little help from anyone that is using Kimbro's XML-RPC
interface.
I have modified it to include removeCollection, listIndexers and
removeIndexer functions.  I am having difficulties with creating collections
and indexers.  Both createIndexer and createCollection in org.dbxml.core use
parameter "org.dbxml.server.Configuration".  I can't seem to figure out what
the heck that is! ;)  I am currently using dbXML 1.0b4 and will move
everything to the latest CVS when I get this working.

I have looked at the command line tools as well as some of the examples, but
not with much luck.

Kurt

Re: XML-RPC Interface

Posted by Dave Pawson <da...@dpawson.freeserve.co.uk>.
At 18:23 19/12/2001 -0500, Kurt Ward wrote:
>etc.).  What kind of applications are other folks on the list thinking
>about?
>
>Kurt

As a replacement for a memory based XSLT transform,
when the file size gets just too big?

Regards DaveP

Re: XML-RPC Interface

Posted by Michael Gratton <mi...@vee.net>.
Kurt Ward wrote:

> On a side note:  I don't recall seeing what other people's planned uses for
> the server are.

At work, we'll be using it as the backend for Yet Another XML Content
Management System[0].

At home I've been planning on using it for a while to power an online
knowledge base for a game I'm vaugely working on. It will allow players
to search, view, modify and add data which makes up the game's universe
online, via the web, or maybe even through the game's interface and a
standalone Java client as well. I'm hoping to start a collaborative
effort so that the game's univers is a comprehansive and "relaistic" as
possible. It will be servlet based, and I'll probably transform the
stored XML into HTML on the fly, etc, etc.

Mike.

[0] - Names obscured to protect the innocent.

--
Mike Gratton <mi...@vee.net>
   Leader in leachate production and transmission since 1976.

Re: XML-RPC Interface

Posted by se...@web.de.
i am working on something like a knowledge base for developers using tomcat
4 and dbxml (xindice) b4. i hope to finish first version this year and put
it into www in the first weeks of new year. i'll tell you when it is
accessable from www so that you can look at, test and use it ;-)

seb

Posted by Jimmy Little <Ji...@mindspring.com>.
>What kind of applications are other folks on the list thinking about?

I plan to use the server to support a reputation database (sort of
like epinions.)  Users can enter freeform text or mapped attributes to
describe others.  Retrieval will dump all or allow selection.

Secondly, I hope to initiate a larger project to store lots of
forum/bulletin board/... type data and allow selective retrieval.

And my plan is to have it driven via an XML-RPC interface so I hope to
get a closer look at the system currently created.

Jimmy Little
828-835-8350
mailto:Jimmy-Little@mindspring.com
"In my humble opinion, political correctness has erased that fine
line between people who have inferiority complexes and people who
are genuinely inferior."
--Norman Libemann

Re: XML-RPC Interface

> I looked at your online demo: nice work. I my opinion it is a really
useful
> tool.
> thanx
>
> Seb