Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Frank MW <mu...@gmx.de> on 2006/09/15 18:07:59 UTC

character encoding: utf-8 and ISO-8859-1 on Mac OS X with Safari

Hi all,

I have a problem with some special characters in a request parameter.

This is the URL with the correct representation of characters:

http://localhost:8080/webapp/gangyin/vokabelSuchen-rgyaḥ·mtsho.html

Now 'rgyaḥ·mtsho' is what I need in an xslt-stylesheet.

So in the sitemap I have the following:
<map:match pattern="vokabelSuchen-*.html">
  <map:generate src="dict-Rama-Nom.xml"></map:generate>
  <map:transform type="xslt-saxon" src="nomenNachschlagen.xsl">
    <map:parameter name="wort" value="{1}"/>
  </map:transform>
  <map:serialize type="html"></map:serialize>
</map:match>

In the xslt, I try to catch the 'rgyaḥ·mtsho':

<xsl:param name="wort"/>

But then with

<xsl:value-of select="$wort"/>

the word looks quite different:

rgyaḥ·mtsho

In the URL, it was fine, but then in the browser window, it is distorted.

With firefox, the URL looks different:

http://localhost:8080/webapp/gangyin/vokabelSuchen-rgya%E1%B8%A5%C2%B7mtsho.
html

but the problem remains the same.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Frank
Mithilfe von Microsoft Entourage 2004 für Mac Test Drive versendet.

Mithilfe von Microsoft Entourage 2004 für Mac Test Drive versendet.

Re: character encoding: utf-8 and ISO-8859-1 on Mac OS X with Safari

Posted by Frank MW <mu...@gmx.de>.
Yes, I tried all of that.

Frank