Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jake Robb <ja...@mac.com> on 2003/03/07 16:45:28 UTC

web.xml

Where might I find good documentation on what exactly the contents of
web.xml need to be?  I've found a basic syntactical description, but is
there something that gives examples, describes what exactly the purpose of
web.xml is, what you can accomplish with it, when it is read, etc.?

My current production setup, with Tomcat 4.0.4, has no web.xml files and
works perfectly.  Is web.xml new in 4.1?  What functionality does it offer
that you couldn't accomplish in 4.0?

Thanks,

Jake

Re: web.xml

Posted by Steve Guo <co...@yahoo.com>.
Chapter 5 of 'More servlets and JSP' describes web.xml, you can download from
http://www.moreservlets.com/
 Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org> wrote:http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/download.html

Look for Servlet specification 2.3. It describes webapps and web.xml.

-Tim

Re: web.xml

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.