Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr> on 2018/03/12 23:45:15 UTC

[HELP WANTED] last modifications before Maven Archetypes release

Hi,

I updated Maven Archetypes a lot
http://maven.apache.org/archetypes-archives/archetypes-LATEST/

The last update to do is on the profile archetype:
see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MARCHETYPES-56
Can someone help on it, please?

Regards,

Hervé

Re: [HELP WANTED] last modifications before Maven Archetypes release

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
Le mardi 13 mars 2018, 19:57:01 CET Robert Scholte a écrit :
> Does it make sense to move some of the archetypes to their matching
> project?
>
> For example, Why not move maven-archetype-plugin to the maven-plugin
> project.
> This should make it easier to maintain to to keep it up to date.
maven-archetype-archetype is one of the rare exceptions that could be done,
why not.

But on others, there are 2 issues:
1. some plugins are monomodule: changing them to multi-module just for that
seems overkill, and it would change documentation site structure
2. some archetypes don't have one natural plugin but multiple: j2ee, portlet,

the current state of archetypes is now really good: we have even ITs that
execute a project creation as part of build, then I don't expect maintenance
will be hard now

Regards,

Hervé

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Il mar 13 mar 2018, 00:45 Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr> ha scritto:

> Hi,
>
> I updated Maven Archetypes a lot
> http://maven.apache.org/archetypes-archives/archetypes-LATEST/
>
> The last update to do is on the profile archetype:
> see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MARCHETYPES-56
> Can someone help on it, please?

I does seem a simple task, if you write some points to guide me and there
is not much hurry I will happy to find the cycles to work on this.

Enrico

> Regards,
>
> Hervé

-- Enrico Olivelli