Posted to user@struts.apache.org by carl ballantyne <ca...@cast-info.es> on 2009/11/27 15:06:49 UTC

StrutsSpringTestCase

Hi Guys,

I have the following spring bean definition files:
myapp-application.xml
myapp-datasource.xml
myapp-datasource-test.xml

When unit testing I want to use myapp-application.xml and
myapp-datasource-test.xml. In the real world I want to use
myapp-application.xml and myapp-datasource.xml.

I have setup a base struts unit test class that overrides the
getContextLocations method with the following.

	protected String getContextLocations() {
         return "file:WebContent/WEB-INF/myapp-*.xml";

	}

All good and it actually works fine for me. However I have another
developer who is using Windows (I am using Linux - yay for me) and he
is getting database connection errors. When I remove the
myapp-datasource.xml file it works for him. Strange.

Has anyone else run into something like this and if so how did you get
around it? I would really like something like in the Spring JUnit
helper classes which I use for testing the Spring beans.

protected String[] getConfigLocations() {
         return new String[] {
"file:WebContent/WEB-INF/myapp-datasource-test.xml",
"file:WebContent/WEB-INF/myapp-application.xml"
     };
	}

I don't want to have to make a myapp-application.xml and a
myapp-application-test.xml as that seems like it would introduce
bigger problems. Although I could probably get that to work with the
pattern myapp-*-test.xml I only want to have alternate test xml files
for the things that change in the testing environment.

Cheers,
Carl.

Re: StrutsSpringTestCase

Posted by carl ballantyne <ca...@cast-info.es>.

I just found that I can actually include xml files directly via
Spring. Guess I should RTFM first.

So I have created a myapp-application-test.xml which contains:

	<import resource="myapp-application.xml"/>
	<import resource="myapp-datasource-test.xml"/>

Does the trick and clean enough. The Spring team say they prefer not
to use this approach but since it is only for unit testing I don't see
a big issue with it.

Cheers,
Carl.