Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Paul Bolger <pb...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/12 02:24:40 UTC

adding comments to genericMarkup

I'm building a site with Forrest which will be a subsite of a larger,
static, site. The main site uses SSI's extensively and I'm trying to
emulate the look and feel of the main site in the Forrest site.

My problem is that genericMarkup.ft doesn't seem to like comments,
which means SSI's don't get rendered in the output. I've tried using
entities instead of <>s and I've tried <[CDATA... around the comment,
but neither seems to work.
I'd also be good to add whatever gets contributed to this to the
genericMarkup.ft usage section but both the Dispatcher plugins seem to
have a copy - which one should I patch, or would this not be
appropriate for contracts?

Re: adding comments to genericMarkup

Posted by Paul Bolger <pb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Thorsten
I've made and issue and have SVN upped and rebuilt the two dispatcher
plugins but no sign of this working yet.

BTW - that patch on the css (to stop the extra semicolons) seems to
have done the trick.

Paul b

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.