Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jari Fredriksson <ja...@iki.fi> on 2018/09/23 14:56:37 UTC

Dependency: fetch binary

What is this binary? I could not find any package providing this… I need it for debian (Raspbian) and CentOS 7.

Thanks, jarif

Re: Dependency: fetch binary

Posted by RW <rw...@googlemail.com>.
On Sun, 23 Sep 2018 18:45:22 +0300
Jari Fredriksson wrote:

> > Kevin A. McGrail <km...@apache.org> kirjoitti 23.9.2018 kello
> > 18.33:
> >
> > On 9/23/2018 10:56 AM, Jari Fredriksson wrote:
> >> What is this binary? I could not find any package providing this…
> >> I need it for debian (Raspbian) and CentOS 7.

> > NOTE: the optional fetch binary is not installed.
> >
> >    Sa-update will use curl, wget or fetch to download updates.

> Thanks. I have curl & wget so no worries.

FWIW fetch is part of the FreeBSD base system. I don't think it's been
ported to Linux.

Re: Dependency: fetch binary

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <km...@apache.org>.
On 9/23/2018 11:45 AM, Jari Fredriksson wrote:
> Thanks. I have curl & wget so no worries.

Exactly.

--
Kevin A. McGrail
VP Fundraising, Apache Software Foundation

Re: Dependency: fetch binary

Posted by Jari Fredriksson <ja...@iki.fi>.

> Kevin A. McGrail <km...@apache.org> kirjoitti 23.9.2018 kello 18.33:
>
> On 9/23/2018 10:56 AM, Jari Fredriksson wrote:
>> What is this binary? I could not find any package providing this… I need it for debian (Raspbian) and CentOS 7.
>>
>> Thanks, jarif
>>
> NOTE: the optional fetch binary is not installed.
>
>    Sa-update will use curl, wget or fetch to download updates.
>    Because perl module LWP does not support IPv6, sa-update as of
>    3.4.0 will use these standard programs to download rule updates
>    leaving LWP as a fallback if none of the programs are found.
>
>    *IMPORTANT NOTE*: You only need one of these programs
>        It's only a concern if you are warned about all 3
>        i.e. (curl, wget & fetch) missing

Thanks. I have curl & wget so no worries.

br. jarif

Re: Dependency: fetch binary

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <km...@apache.org>.

Re: Dependency: fetch binary

Posted by Bill Cole <sa...@billmail.scconsult.com>.
On 23 Sep 2018, at 10:56 (-0400), Jari Fredriksson wrote:

> What is this binary?

It's a core FreeBSD utility used to fetch remote files.

> I could not find any package providing this… I need it for debian (Raspbian) and CentOS 7.

As Kevin noted, you do not.

--
Bill Cole