Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by "::SammyRulez::" <sa...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/26 00:11:54 UTC

message bundle from listener

Hi all

I would like to store in an application scope variable a message
bundle via listener when the application stat up... something like:

 public void contextInitialized(ServletContextEvent event) {

        ResourceBundle strings = ResourceBundle.getBundle("strings");

        event.getServletContext().setAttribute("labels",strings);

    }

and retrive the string messages via jstl whit fmt:message

<fmt:message bundle="${labels}" key="appWelcome"/>

but I bump in an exception:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: jsp.error.beans.property.conversion
        org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspRuntimeLibrary.getValueFromPropertyEditorManager(JspRuntimeLibrary.java:885)

any ideas on what obj to use to store string in the application scope
via servlet context?

thanks

--
::SammyRulez::
http://sammyprojectz.blogspot.com

Re: message bundle from listener

Posted by Rahul P Akolkar <ak...@us.ibm.com>.
"::SammyRulez::" <sa...@gmail.com> wrote on 08/25/2005 06:11:54 PM:
> Hi all
>
> I would like to store in an application scope variable a message
> bundle via listener when the application stat up... something like:
>
>  public void contextInitialized(ServletContextEvent event) {
>
>         ResourceBundle strings = ResourceBundle.getBundle("strings");
>
>         event.getServletContext().setAttribute("labels",strings);
>

>     }
>
> and retrive the string messages via jstl whit fmt:message
>
> <fmt:message bundle="${labels}" key="appWelcome"/>
>
> but I bump in an exception:
>
> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: jsp.error.beans.property.conversion
>         org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspRuntimeLibrary.
> getValueFromPropertyEditorManager(JspRuntimeLibrary.java:885)
>

> any ideas on what obj to use to store string in the application scope
> via servlet context?
<snip/>

javax.servlet.jsp.jstl.fmt.LocalizationContext

i.e.

event.getServletContext().setAttribute("labels", new
LocalizationContext(strings));

And if anyone asks, I insisted on the two argument constructor ;-)

[
http://java.sun.com/products/jsp/jstl/1.1/docs/api/javax/servlet/jsp/jstl/fmt/LocalizationContext.html
]

-Rahul