Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by "thomas.ung@freesbee.fr" <th...@freesbee.fr> on 2006/05/14 12:40:49 UTC

Extending torque user - documentation issue?

Bonjour!

I think that something is incoherent (?) in the document related to

    turbine-2.3.2/services/torque-security-service.html

and in particular in section "Configuring Torque Security Service to use your own peer classes"

the documentation gives a code sample:

    public class ExtendedUser extends TorqueUser {

the point is when I create my own Extended_User in the xml file, torque generates an ExtendedUser.java
that extends BaseExtendedUser AND NOT org.apache.turbine.services.security.torque.TorqueUser

According to the portion of code provided, how the system knows that we should use the EXTENDED_USER table in the db instead of TURBINE_USER table? the extended table is not  TURBINE_USER but EXTENDED_USER  table!

Many thanks in advance for any answer! ;-)
Thomas

-------------- ALICE HAUT DEBIT : TRIPLE PLAY A 29,95 EUR/MOIS --------------
Découvrez vite ALICEBOX : avec le modem WIFI, profitez de l'ADSL, de la TELEPHONIE et en exclusivité de la TELEVISION !
Bénéficiez aussi de la hotline gratuite 24h/24 ! Soumis à conditions. Pour en profiter cliquez ici http://abonnement.aliceadsl.fr

Re: Extending torque user - documentation issue?

Posted by Helge Weissig <he...@grajagan.org>.
Bonjour Thomas!

	you can specify the base class for Torque to use for any table in
your schema. Same for peer base classes. Have a look at http://
db.apache.org/torque/releases/torque-3.2/generator/schema-
reference.html for details.

bonne chance!
h.