Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org> on 2012/12/02 11:17:06 UTC

Re: An official Git-Mirror?

On 30/11/2012 Herbert Duerr wrote:
> It would all be much simpler if we had an official git-mirror [1] of our
> svn-repository.

OK, this will also make contributing easier for the new developers who
know only git, since they will be able to checkout (clone) only trunk,
branches and tags and submit patches with git format-patch. So they
won't need to learn (or endure, depending on the individual
inclinations) SVN to help.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: An official Git-Mirror?

Posted by Herbert Duerr <hd...@apache.org>.
On 02.12.2012 11:17, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> On 30/11/2012 Herbert Duerr wrote:
>> It would all be much simpler if we had an official git-mirror [1] of our
>> svn-repository.
>
> OK, this will also make contributing easier for the new developers who
> know only git, since they will be able to checkout (clone) only trunk,
> branches and tags and submit patches with git format-patch. So they
> won't need to learn (or endure, depending on the individual
> inclinations) SVN to help.

One problem could be that we are not using a standard layout, not only
because of the extra directories such as ooo-site, trunk-orig, etc. but
also because we have both one- and two-deep directory levels in
branches/ such as branches/AOO34/ and branches/alg/aw080/. Eventually
these have to be consolidated to e.g. alg_aw080.

The status of the Git-Mirroring request can be followed at

Herbert