Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/22 07:17:03 UTC

[tiles] Errors in tiles-test webapp

I've added Cargo plugin config to make it easy to start Tomcat and
deploy the tiles-test app that Greg added a while ago (on the way to
adding those tests I promised...)

$ mvn package cargo:start
(with cargo.tomcat5x.home defined either with -D on the command line
or in settings.xml)

The app starts and deploys, however

 - the 'Test Put Tag' link results in a blank page, and

 - the 'Test Definition Tag' link throws an exception:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /testdef.jsp(3,0) According to the
TLD or the tag file, attribute name is mandatory for tag definition

Is it possible the app was not updated after the most recent round of changes?

Wendy

Re: [tiles] Errors in tiles-test webapp

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <br...@tariffenet.it>.
Wendy Smoak ha scritto:
> - the 'Test Put Tag' link results in a blank page, and
>
> - the 'Test Definition Tag' link throws an exception:
> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /testdef.jsp(3,0) According to the
> TLD or the tag file, attribute name is mandatory for tag definition

I stumbled in these problems too, when I was trying to fix a TLD-related
issue:
http://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/SB-27
By the way, the first problem is also caused by an exception for the
inconsistencies of TLDs.

> Is it possible the app was not updated after the most recent round of
> changes?

I think so, tiles-core.tld has been changed a lot, but before opening an
issue probably we should wait what Greg has to say (for example, he
could have some uncommitted changes to the test application).

Ciao
Antonio

Re: [tiles] Errors in tiles-test webapp

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <br...@tariffenet.it>.
Wendy Smoak ha scritto:
> If you think it will take a while to fix, it might be worth adding
> some notes to the index page.  That way, anyone trying out the code is
> aware that these are the 'currently failing tests'.

Wait a bit, I modified locally the JSP code (to adhere to the new TLD)
and I discovered an underlying (more serious) bug (a NPE).
I am going to open an issue for the problem discussed above, "fix" that
(so that it follow the new TLD) and create a new issue with the new bug.

Ciao
Antonio

Re: [tiles] Errors in tiles-test webapp

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 8/22/06, Greg Reddin <gr...@apache.org> wrote:

> Nope, those errors were occurring before the last round of changes.
> I haven't yet figured out what's causing them, but they are known
> errors.  Does it make the build fail?

No.  I just wanted to add some automated tests for the app, and
discovered that it didn't work.

Posted by Greg Reddin <gr...@apache.org>.
On Aug 22, 2006, at 12:17 AM, Wendy Smoak wrote:

> The app starts and deploys, however
>
> - the 'Test Put Tag' link results in a blank page, and
>
> - the 'Test Definition Tag' link throws an exception:
> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /testdef.jsp(3,0) According to the
> TLD or the tag file, attribute name is mandatory for tag definition
>
> Is it possible the app was not updated after the most recent round
> of changes?

Nope, those errors were occurring before the last round of changes.
I haven't yet figured out what's causing them, but they are known
errors.  Does it make the build fail?

Greg