Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ro Achterberg <ro...@greyhat.nl> on 2009/10/31 12:40:51 UTC

[users@httpd] suexec binary installs in wrong path

Hi,

I'm in the midst of building my chrooted Apache 2.2.14 + suexec +
mod_fastcgi + PHP installation, but the httpd --with-suexec-bin
configure directive doesn't seem to be working properly. Instead of
installing to /chroot/apache2/usr/sbin/suexec, where I want it to
live, it in fact installs to /chroot/apache2/bin/suexec.

I've tried debugging this by looking through the config logs and
checking the hardcoded values in the httpd binary (which are right),
but nothing relevant is showing up. Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

Bye, Ro

Re: [users@httpd] suexec binary installs in wrong path

Posted by Ro Achterberg <ro...@greyhat.nl>.
At 12:40 31-10-2009, Ro Achterberg wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm in the midst of building my chrooted Apache 2.2.14 + suexec +
>mod_fastcgi + PHP installation, but the httpd --with-suexec-bin
>configure directive doesn't seem to be working properly. Instead of
>installing to /chroot/apache2/usr/sbin/suexec, where I want it to
>live, it in fact installs to /chroot/apache2/bin/suexec.
>
>I've tried debugging this by looking through the config logs and
>checking the hardcoded values in the httpd binary (which are right),
>but nothing relevant is showing up. Any insights would be greatly appreciated!
>
>Bye, Ro

Here's a little update. I've managed to sort it out, it seemed that
the '--sbindir' directive was set to 'bin' for some reason, where I
(obviously?) expected it to be /usr/sbin, primarily because the
default path to the suexec bin is /usr/sbin/suexec, according to the
documentation at
<http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/suexec.html#install>http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/suexec.html#install
.

Anyway, things are running smoothly again and you may ignore my previous post.

Bye, Ro