Posted to pluto-dev@portals.apache.org by Bhupesh Reddy Sura <Bh...@kenexa.com> on 2006/08/23 16:22:19 UTC

How to Include a Portal Page/Portlet in a JSP page

Hi,

I am relatively new to Pluto. What I am trying to do is to include a
portal page in a jsp page.

So I have created a abc.jsp under pluot-portal.war file  which contains
the code

 <jsp:include page="/portal/Pluto%20Admin" />

My intension is to display the page containing the Pluto Admin portlet.

But I access the jsp say http://localhost:8080/pluto/abc.jsp , It is
displaying me the Test Portlet Page.

When I look at the stack trace, It shows that the Requested Page is null
and therefore it is showing the default Test Portlet page.

[DEBUG] PortalURLParser - Parsing URL: /pluto/abc.jsp

[DEBUG] PortalDriverServlet - Processing render request.

[DEBUG] PortalDriverServlet - Rendering Portal: Requested Page: null

[DEBUG] RenderConfig - Requested page is null.  Returning default: Test
Page

[DEBUG] PortalDriverServlet - Dispatching to:
/WEB-INF/themes/pluto-default-theme.jsp

[DEBUG] PortletTag - Evaluated portletId to: /testsuite.TestPortlet1

Is this is a BUG, as it is displaying the wrong page or am I doing it
wrong. My requirement is very clear that I have to include a portal page
or a portlet into an existing JSP page.

Is there any other way by which I can include portal pages (or atleast
portlets) into a jsp page. I have also tried tags like Pluto:portlet and
portlet:renderURL but couldn't get them working. I will be very thankful
if someone can send me the code to include Pluto Admin page in a jsp.

Thanks and regards,

Bhupesh