Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Saminda Abeyruwan <sa...@opensource.lk> on 2005/07/15 10:40:49 UTC

Re:[Axis2] Is the REST requests are send as XML, or encded to URL

Hi,

As you said, yahoo and google API support REST via GET and POST. In
addtion popular Amazon Simple Queue Web Services (www.amazon.com) (more
infor on -  http://www.amazon.com/gp/aws/sdk/
<http://www.amazon.com/gp/aws/sdk/>  )  support REST through GET.
http://www.xfront.com/REST-Web-Services.html sujest that REST through
POST is via xml and has a ecoded URL mechanisum. The prior mentioned
API's specially yahoo supports, REST through POST via a plan string in
the body of the POST.  So Axis 2 supporting REST via encoded URL is good
option, because, REST through GET has a common understanding.

Saminda