Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de> on 2021/02/03 16:20:11 UTC

Re: [OPTIONS] Java 11 and Java JDK origin

Hi all,

there was the idea to make the official switch to jdk11 within the next
new branch which possibly will be 21.x .

jdk11 will be available at least until October 2024.

jdk17 (LTS) will be available from September 2021 and be available until
2025 (four years).

I think we should decide if we want jdk11 to be the next supported JDK
for OFBiz r21 or if we want to go with jdk17.

I tend to go with jdk11 which is mature and available and the community
already made OFBiz ready for it. (See
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-10757).

For jdk17 we'll have to wait until September and gain one more year of
support.

What do you think?

Michael Brohl

ecomify GmbH - www.ecomify.de