Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Stefan Urbat <st...@apastron.lb.shuttle.de> on 2004/07/24 10:59:15 UTC

issue with HP-UX commit segfault seemingly at least partly resolved

I tried with no hope to compile with the HP compiler (usually I use only
GNU make and gcc, to avoid compiler difference issues), because I had bad
experience with xlc on AIX in the past when compiling svn, but to my
surprise, the very strict HP compiler translated it obviously flawless and
the segfault disappeared: maybe a gcc linker issue on that (in gcc view)
strange platform...

--
Registered GNU/Linux-User #169380 on http://counter.li.org/

Re: issue with HP-UX commit segfault seemingly at least partly resolved

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.
Stefan Urbat wrote:

>I tried with no hope to compile with the HP compiler

Well of _course_ we support native compilers. :-)

> (usually I use only
>GNU make and gcc, to avoid compiler difference issues), because I had bad
>experience with xlc on AIX in the past when compiling svn, but to my
>surprise, the very strict HP compiler translated it obviously flawless and
>the segfault disappeared: maybe a gcc linker issue on that (in gcc view)
>strange platform...

Hm, yes, I've heard about segfaults on HP-UX in connection with some
versions (3.2?) of GCC.

-- Brane