Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Jonathan Linczak <li...@hiram.edu> on 2004/06/23 16:04:35 UTC

Using different publication types together

Hi all,

Here's a question: say you want news and events to appear on your
website that come up in a timely fashion.  It would sound like the
default blog publication would be good for adding in news events and
the like.  But I want this integrated into the rest of my site, which
uses the default publication, and I'm using ApacheModProxy to serve the
site.  What is the best way to integrate the blogging / event features
with the default publication that has static pages?  Is this even
possible?

Jon

Re: Using different publication types together

Posted by Jonathan Linczak <li...@hiram.edu>.
Right... I should have known that.  Thanks for the help Michael.  This
forum has been one big source of help for me.  Thanks!

Jon

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.

Posted by Jonathan Linczak <li...@hiram.edu>.

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.

Posted by Jean Pierre LeJacq <jp...@quoininc.com>.
On Wed, 23 Jun 2004, Jonathan Linczak wrote:

> Aha, I had a feeling that this might be possible...  but I'm no
> ModRewrite genius, so I wouldn't know where to get this done.  Do you
> know of documentation or a hint that you can give to help setup
> something like that?

The apache website has excellent documentation on this.  I suggest
you start there.

--
JP

Re: Using different publication types together

Posted by Jonathan Linczak <li...@hiram.edu>.

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Jonathan Linczak wrote:

>  or has much of this been addressed in the CVS version?

yes, use the CVS version

Michi

> Jon
>
> On Jun 23, 2004, at 10:43 AM, Jean Pierre LeJacq wrote:
>
>     On Wed, 23 Jun 2004, Jonathan Linczak wrote:
>
>     > Here's a question: say you want news and events to appear on your
>     > website that come up in a timely fashion.  It would sound like the
>     > default blog publication would be good for adding in news events
>     and
>     > the like.  But I want this integrated into the rest of my site,
>     which
>     > uses the default publication, and I'm using ApacheModProxy to
>     serve the
>     > site.  What is the best way to integrate the blogging / event
>     features
>     > with the default publication that has static pages?  Is this even
>     > possible?
>
>     Certainly possible.  You need to create a new publication that
>     merges the functionality of the two by moving over the appropriate
>     transformers, doctypes, and sitemap files.
>
>     --
>     JP

Michael Wechner

Re: Using different publication types together

Posted by Jonathan Linczak <li...@hiram.edu>.
Hmm, maybe I should step back a bit.  I just tried using the Lenya's
Blog publication, and nothing seems to be working.  I can add an entry,
but I can't edit it with BXE because it errors out saying that the
<head> tag was not found.  I can't edit it the Forms editor because I
get RELAX NG errors when I try to edit the default content in the blog
publication.  I had to use the 1 form editor to remove the <em>,
<strong>, and link tags just to use the Forms editor, but this still
isn't as user friendly as BXE.  Was the blog publication only meant to
be a demonstration of how someone can begin something like this, or has

Posted by Jean Pierre LeJacq <jp...@quoininc.com>.