Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Melamud, Mikhail" <Mi...@ca.com> on 2002/12/02 18:14:56 UTC

Tomcat & Axis

Hi all,
We have problem with our Axis 1.0 final release running under Tomcat 4.0.1: when multiple virtual users
(the same client app running as separate processes) are invoking a web service method we get a lot of Java socket exceptions: "connection refused" from WSDL2Java generated client apps. It starts happening somewhere after around 100 users bombarding Tomcat simultaneously. The test is constructed using Silk Performer tool in such way that  these users wait each other at rendezvous point , and then issue their requests (to simulate simultaneous requests).  After some "think time" the process  is repeated. Interesting that several first iterations work like charm, exceptions got thrown after 5-6 iterations.  Changing maxProcessors  and acceptCount to bigger numbers(150 and 50)than default ones in Tomcat server.xml didn't help.
I understand that it's not Axis question per se, but may be some of you encounter similar problem and can suggest something...

Thanks
Mike