Posted to c-users@xerces.apache.org by Irek Szczesniak <ir...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/10 22:05:25 UTC

finding differences in tables & Xerces

Hi,

I have some code that produces HTML documents, and my task is to move
to XML/XSL.  But once I move to XML, the core of the task is to
compare two tables to find differences between them.

Two tables can differ in a number of ways:
- they can have or lack different columns or rows,
- the text in cells can differ,
- the text in cells can be numbers or text.

If cells contain numbers, then I want to substract the cell values.

I wonder whether there's some support in Xerces for such kind of
comparisons.

If this is not exactly the right mailing list, I would appreciate it
if someone could point me to a better mailing list.

Thanks & best,
Irek