Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by So...@hyperreal.com, Matthew <ma...@soffen.com> on 1997/02/28 08:50:01 UTC

other/211: Unable to set virtual server for a domain name.

>Number:         211
>Category:       other
>Synopsis:       Unable to set virtual server for a domain name.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
Unable to create Virtual server for a domain.

Example:
    Domain: bar.com and
    Host:   foo.bar.com

Virtual Server for foo.bar.com works fine, but I am unable to get the virtual
server for bar.com to work.
>How-To-Repeat:
Here is the definition for virtual servers:

<VirtualHost www.utv.net>
ServerAdmin webmaster@ultimatetv.com
DocumentRoot /html_files/doc_old_servers
ServerName www.utv.net
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /html_files/doc_old_servers/cgi
ErrorLog logs/utv.net-error_log
TransferLog logs/utv.net-access_log
ErrorDocument 404 /error.html
ErrorDocument 500 /error.html
HostnameLookups on
</VirtualHost>

and also

ServerAlias www.utv.net *.utv.net

The virtual server for utv.net does not work, while www.utv.net does.
>Fix:
Allow the <Virtual Host> command to accept a domain as well as a hostname