Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jim Willsher <ji...@jimwillsher.co.uk> on 2005/02/22 20:30:05 UTC

Newbie question - how to enable nework tests with spamd

Hi all,

SA 3.0.2 on CentOs 3.3, running Sendmail and procmail.

I'm getting lots of emails getting past SpamAssassing from senders who are
on the various blacklists. I know this, because when I get similar messages
on a webmail acocunt with another ISP I see:

http://cbl.abuseat.org/lookup.cgi?ip=218.64.141.207

But SA doesn't seem to be checking the RBLs.

I've looked at the page at
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/UsingNetworkTests

But my  /etc/rc.d/init.d/spamassassin file doesn't cntain the -L or --local
entries anywhere.

What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks,

Jim

Re: Newbie question - how to enable nework tests with spamd

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
At 02:30 PM 2/22/2005, Jim Willsher wrote:
>But SA doesn't seem to be checking the RBLs.
>
>I've looked at the page at
>http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/UsingNetworkTests
>
>But my  /etc/rc.d/init.d/spamassassin file doesn't cntain the -L or --local
>entries anywhere

Do you have Net::DNS installed?

try running spamassassin --lint -D and see what SA has to say about DNS
availability.