Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org> on 2005/10/19 16:58:22 UTC

How many forrestbots is too many?

I'm about to start adding some functionality to the projectInfo plugin
to support some stuff going on over in the site-dev list. I'd like to
create a Forrestbot as part of the demo. However, I think that this
prompts the question:

"How many forrestbots is too many?"

Ross

Re: How many forrestbots is too many?

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Ross Gardler wrote:
> I'm about to start adding some functionality to the projectInfo plugin
> to support some stuff going on over in the site-dev list. I'd like to
> create a Forrestbot as part of the demo.

Good idea. Showing them might help.

> However, I think that this
> prompts the question:
>
> "How many forrestbots is too many?"

By the way, we have three forrestbots as explained here
http://forrest.apache.org/zone.html
There is forrestbot-trunk and forrestbot-trunk-stable
and forrestbot-release.

Each one can build various sites.

The latter is what we need to be concerned about.
We don't really want to get involved in supporting
every project to build their sites. The important thing
is where the notifications go to and who takes care of
the errors.

For the older cocoon ones, they are just being built,
but the results are not being notified to anyone.
There are stacks of errors. I supsect that those builds
will go away when Cocoon settles into using Daisy.

-David