Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/22 18:52:20 UTC

[math] [dbcp] help wanted...hijacking: [Jakarta-commons Wiki] Update of "CommonsPeople" by RoryWinston

>   === Rory Winston ===
>    * '''Active''': Net
> -  * '''Interested''': Validator, SCXML, DBCP
> +  * '''Interested''': Validator, SCXML, DBCP, Math

:-D  feel free to jump in any time!

Also, [dbcp] is in real need of help now....
See
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/DBCP/1%2e2%2e2ReleasePlan

-Phil

Re: [math] [dbcp] help wanted...hijacking: [Jakarta-commons Wiki] Update of "CommonsPeople" by RoryWinston

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.
On 4/24/06, Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/22/06, Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >   === Rory Winston ===
> > >    * '''Active''': Net
> > > -  * '''Interested''': Validator, SCXML, DBCP
> > > +  * '''Interested''': Validator, SCXML, DBCP, Math
> >
> > :-D  feel free to jump in any time!
> >
> > Also, [dbcp] is in real need of help now....
> > See
> > http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/DBCP/1%2e2%2e2ReleasePlan
>
> So I see six issues that need fixing? Two of them with patches.
>
> Any reason for holding back on the ones with patches, 37926 and 35542?
> Painful to write unit tests?

Yes.  And to make sure that there are no untoward side effects.

> Looks like some meaty issues - deadlock etc.

Yes again.  Any ideas on how to effectively write a unit test that
detects a deadlock (obviously, without hanging)?  The bug report for
33912 contains code that can reliably create a deadlock and the
proposed fix eliminates it.  I am not sure the fix is optimal.

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
On 4/22/06, Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >   === Rory Winston ===
> >    * '''Active''': Net
> > -  * '''Interested''': Validator, SCXML, DBCP
> > +  * '''Interested''': Validator, SCXML, DBCP, Math
>
> :-D  feel free to jump in any time!
>
> Also, [dbcp] is in real need of help now....
> See
> http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/DBCP/1%2e2%2e2ReleasePlan

So I see six issues that need fixing? Two of them with patches.

Any reason for holding back on the ones with patches, 37926 and 35542?
Painful to write unit tests?

Looks like some meaty issues - deadlock etc.

Hen