Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> on 2003/12/20 10:11:36 UTC

Re: cvs commit: avalon/merlin/platform/src/bin merlin.sh

On Saturday 20 December 2003 17:07, niclas@apache.org wrote:
> niclas      2003/12/20 01:07:15
>
>   Modified:    merlin   INSTALLATION.TXT

??? Does anyone know why this file is considered "M" (modified) every time I
run an cvs update even if I have never opened the file...

Niclas

Re: cvs commit: avalon/merlin/platform/src/bin merlin.sh

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.
Leo Simons wrote:
> Niclas Hedhman wrote:
>
>> On Saturday 20 December 2003 17:07, niclas@apache.org wrote:
>>
>>> niclas      2003/12/20 01:07:15
>>>
>>>  Modified:    merlin   INSTALLATION.TXT
>>

>> ??? Does anyone know why this file is considered "M" (modified) every
>> time I run an cvs update even if I have never opened the file...
>
> probably different file permissions or something similar. Delete it then
> run cvs update.

for clarity: delete the local file only ('rm' not 'cvs rm').

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Saturday 20 December 2003 17:24, Leo Simons wrote:
> Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> > On Saturday 20 December 2003 17:07, niclas@apache.org wrote:
> >>niclas      2003/12/20 01:07:15
> >>
> >>  Modified:    merlin   INSTALLATION.TXT
> >
> > ??? Does anyone know why this file is considered "M" (modified) every
> > time I run an cvs update even if I have never opened the file...
>
> probably different file permissions or something similar. Delete it then
> run cvs update.

I have done that many times, but didn't help.
After it was committed, it doesn't happen any more.
QNAA (Question Not Applicable Anymore).

Niclas

Re: cvs commit: avalon/merlin/platform/src/bin merlin.sh

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.