Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Thomas Heldmann <Th...@bsb-muenchen.de> on 2023/06/01 07:36:13 UTC

End of Life of Solr 8.11?

Dear All,

According to https://solr.apache.org/downloads.html#about-versions-and-support, all Solr versions <8.11 are End of Life. Is it already known when Solr 8.11 will have its End Of Life?

Best regards,
Thomas Heldmann

--
Thomas Heldmann
Bayerische Staatsbibliothek
Verbundzentrale des Bibliotheksverbunds Bayern
Leopoldstraße 240
80807 München

Tel.: 089/28638-4153
E-Mail: thomas.heldmann@bsb-muenchen.de

Re: End of Life of Solr 8.11?

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
If Lucene releases v10 this autumn, I may propose Solr 10 to follow quickly, in part to EOL the aging 8.x line with ant build system.

You’ll just have to wait and see.

If I needed to upgrade soon I’d go for 9.x, which will be supported and patched for a long long time.

Jan Høydahl

Re: End of Life of Solr 8.11?

Posted by Houston Putman <ho...@apache.org>.

Re: End of Life of Solr 8.11?

Posted by Andy Lester <an...@petdance.com>.

Re: End of Life of Solr 8.11?

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
Hi,

Yes, it is EOL the same date that 10.0 is shippped. The release date of 10.0 is yet to be determined. I expect a few more 9.x releases to happen first though, and most likely we'll wait for Lucene 10 to ship first.

Jan