Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Joachim Müller <jo...@wemove.com> on 2003/12/22 19:57:45 UTC

torque, oracle and load balancing

Hi List,

I am having some problems with database connection in a load
balancing enviroment.

1x Apache 2.0.x
1x mod_jk
2x Tomcat 4.1.18 + Jetspeed1.4b4 (Torque3.0)
1x Oracle 9.1 i

The setup works fine for some hours. At some time the application
server cannot make connections to the oracle database anymore. First
suspection was the faulty db-connection-pool implementation. But
using other more recent connection pools (dbcp-commons) did not help.

Somebody told me that oracle reacts sensitive to multiple
application server connecting with the same user to the database.
can anybody confirm this? is it better to use one database user per
application server?

Best rgds.

Joachim