Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Julien Charon <Ju...@avitech.aero> on 2015/12/18 07:41:39 UTC

CXF JAX-RS response chunk/buffer size

  Hi,

Does CXF somehow support the configuration of the response chunk/buffer size for Transfer-Encoding: chunked? Until now, using non-CXF/non-JAX-RS implementation, I'm doing this by calling javax.servlet.ServletResponse.setBufferSize(int). However, I'd like to use response streaming as described in http://cxf.apache.org/docs/jax-rs-basics.html#JAX-RSBasics-ResponseStreaming.
One way I can think of is adding the javax.servlet.ServletResponse to my methods using the @Context annotation and calling javax.servlet.ServletResponse.setBufferSize(int) like before, but I don't know if that works and I'd prefer to be able to configure that on a per application basis rather than adding that call to each method.

Best regards,
Julien

Avitech GmbH
Engineering AxL
Tel.: +49 (0)7541/282-177
Fax: +49 (0)7541/282-199
e-mail: julien.charon@avitech.aero<ma...@avitech.aero>
Avitech GmbH
Principal Office: Bahnhofplatz 1 | 88045 Friedrichshafen | Germany
Court Registration: Amtsgericht Ulm | HRB 728293
Geschäftsführer/Managing Director: Antonio Maria Gonzalez Gorostiza
http://avitech.aero<http://avitech.aero/>

This message may contain confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.

AW: CXF JAX-RS response chunk/buffer size

Posted by Julien Charon <Ju...@avitech.aero>.
  Hi Sergey,

Thank you for your suggestions. It seems like there is no way to configure the response chunk/buffer size for tomcat in server.xml or somewhere else in the configuration.
I also tried you ContainerResponseFilter suggestion and it works like charm.
Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,

Julien

Avitech GmbH
Engineering AxL
Tel.: +49 (0)7541/282-177
Fax: +49 (0)7541/282-199
e-mail: julien.charon@avitech.aero
Avitech GmbH
Principal Office: Bahnhofplatz 1 | 88045 Friedrichshafen | Germany
Court Registration: Amtsgericht Ulm | HRB 728293
Geschäftsführer/Managing Director: Antonio Maria Gonzalez Gorostiza
http://avitech.aero

This message may contain confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.
It might be possible to control with a non-Servlet, standalone CXF HTTP Jetty transport, but perhaps you can configure it with in Tomcat/etc server.xml, there might be a way to do it.

Or add a ContainerResponseFilter with HttpServletResponse injected - this filter can be shared between all the application endpoints

Sergey

--
Sergey Beryozkin

Talend Community Coders
http://coders.talend.com/

Re: CXF JAX-RS response chunk/buffer size

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi