Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Andrea Chiumenti <ki...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/31 11:40:47 UTC

Problem compiling tapestry 4.1.1

Hello I'm trying to launch `mvn install` from a Gentoo Linux Box:

During the test phase I've this exception back:
HttpConnection [WARN] GET
/selenium-server/driver/?cmd=getNewBrowserSession&1=*firefox&2=http%3A%2F%2Flocalhost%3A9999%2F
HTTP/1.1
java.lang.RuntimeException: File was a script file, not a real executable:
/usr/bin/firefox-bin
        at
org.openqa.selenium.server.browserlaunchers.LauncherUtils.assertNotScriptFile
(LauncherUtils.java:208)

Can some1 help me plz ?

Re: Problem compiling tapestry 4.1.1

Posted by andyhot <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
-) either install without running the tests
mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true install

-) or disable testing of group "integration"

-) or find a firefox installation that indeed contains a firefox-bin
executable

-) or (if you're running from source) goto
org.apache.tapestry.integration.TestBrowserIssues and
org.apache.tapestry.integration.i18n.TestI18nResources and
when the DefaultSelenium is constructed, change "*firefox" into
"*firefox /usr/bin/firefox" so that it uses that executable

I'll make sure you can easily override this from the command line.
Thx for noticing.

--
Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://andyhot.di.uoa.gr
Tapestry / Tacos developer