Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by phil cryer <ph...@cryer.us> on 2008/11/21 23:01:23 UTC

New user questions

I've gotten Solr up and running, I can ingest the demo objects and
query them via the admin tool, so far so good.  Now, how do I ingest
some basic XML, how can I pull from an existing MySQL database, what
about pulling records in via OAI?  I'm assuming I need to write some
schemas for that, can someone point me to some documentation or
tutorial for that?

Thanks

http://fak3r.com dim high beams for oncoming traffic
http://lefttochance.com know your rights, don't lose them

Re: New user questions

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: I've gotten Solr up and running, I can ingest the demo objects and
: query them via the admin tool, so far so good.  Now, how do I ingest
: some basic XML, how can I pull from an existing MySQL database, what
: about pulling records in via OAI?  I'm assuming I need to write some
: schemas for that, can someone point me to some documentation or
: tutorial for that?

my "Apache Solr: Out Of The Box" apachecon talk from this year covers
(to various degrees) all of the features of Solr -- it can give you the
vocabulary to search the wiki and mailing list archives for more
details...

http://people.apache.org/~hossman/apachecon2008us/ootb/

-Hoss

Re: New user questions

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
I guess you may have already gone through the Solr tutorial.

Also look at http://wiki.apache.org/solr/UpdateXmlMessages for general
description of add/delete commands
Look at the DataImportHandler which can help in indexing databases and your
custom XML -- http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandler

On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 3:31 AM, phil cryer <ph...@cryer.us> wrote:

> I've gotten Solr up and running, I can ingest the demo objects and
> query them via the admin tool, so far so good.  Now, how do I ingest
> some basic XML, how can I pull from an existing MySQL database, what
> about pulling records in via OAI?  I'm assuming I need to write some
> schemas for that, can someone point me to some documentation or
> tutorial for that?
>
> Thanks

> http://fak3r.com dim high beams for oncoming traffic
> http://lefttochance.com know your rights, don't lose them