Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Martino Piccinato <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/27 03:34:21 UTC

Why do setting an unbounded component parameter throws an exception?

Hi,

I don't understand why ParameterPropertyWorker makes parameter mutator
throw an exception if called over an unbounded parameter. I see this
behaviour as illogic: ParameterPropertyWorker do create a property
field so why not using this field to set the parameter if no binding
is available instead of throwing an exception? As a possible useful
example the field might be changed by a listener and later reused
later on during rendering.

So in my opinion if there's no binding there should be no exception
thrown and obviously  setObject should not be called on the (null)
binding, this would be the correct behaviour.

But maybe it's just my misunderstanding of tapestry logic and there's
a very good reason to throw this exception.

Martino