Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Stephan Seitz <s....@secretresearchfacility.com> on 2015/01/09 13:54:52 UTC

problem using own shared network offering

Hi all,

I'm trying to connect external, non-ACS hosts to particular VM's
(running in advanced Zone on 4.4.2).
What I've done:
- adding Hosts on a tagged VLAN at switch-layer
- creating a new "shared" guestnetwork w/ given VLAN id
Here a ran into trouble due to DHCP. One of that external hosts is (and
needs to be) a DHCP/TFTP. An ACS Router also answered to DHCP requests
which it shoudn't...
So i went further:
- deleting that new shared guestnetwork
- adding a "shared Network Without DHCP Service" NetworkOffering
- trying to create that new "shared" network w/ given VLAN id w/ my own
offering. <-- I'm unable to select other Offerings than the default
shared and "quickcloud".
I'm stuck here. Could someone please shed some light why I can't
introduce own shared NetworkOfferings?

Goal is:
That existing DHCP/TFTP should be able to kickstart baremetal hosts (as
it does since a while) and additionally particular ACS VM's on that
network.

Any tips really appreciated!

- Stephan

RE: problem using own shared network offering

Posted by Sanjeev Neelarapu <sa...@citrix.com>.
I think CS has never supported DHCP offering from external provider. Please correct me if I am wrong.

-Sanjeev

Posted by Stephan Seitz <s....@secretresearchfacility.com>.
Jayapal,

Posted by Jayapal Reddy Uradi <ja...@citrix.com>.