Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> on 2013/09/12 15:36:45 UTC

[VOTE] Release jena 2.11.0

Hi,

Here is a vote on a release build for Jena 2.11.0

Everyone, not just committers and PMC members, is invited to test and
vote. (We do need at least 3 PMC +1's.)

Versions:

apache-jena          2.11.0 (the combined  distribution)
apache-jena-libs     2.11.0 (the maven artifact for the core libraries)
jena-fuseki    	     1.0.0  (separate binary)

including the first releases of:

jena-text            1.0.0
jena-spatial         1.0.1
jena-security        2.11.0
jena-jdbc            1.0.0

Staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachejena-035/

Proposed dist/ area:
http://people.apache.org/~andy/jena-2.11.0-RC/

Keys:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jena/dist/KEYS

SVN tag:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jena/tags/jena-2.11.0/

Please vote to approve this release:

   [ ] +1 Approve the release
   [ ]  0 Don't care
   [ ] -1 Don't release, because ...

This vote will be open to the end of

Monday 16/September at 23:59 UTC
(96 hours from the same hour tonight UTC).

     Andy

Checking needed:

     is the GPG signature fine?
     is there a source archive?
     can the source archive really be built?
     is there a correct LICENSE and NOTICE file in each artifact
       (both source and binary artifacts)?
     does the NOTICE file contain all necessary attributions?
     check the dependencies.
     do all the tests work?
     if there is a tag in the SCM, does it contain reproducible sources?

Re: [VOTE] Release jena 2.11.0

Posted by Stephen Allen <sa...@apache.org>.
I will have a chance to look at it this afternoon.

-Stephen

Re: [] Release jena 2.11.0

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 17/09/13 18:58, Rob Vesse wrote:
> Sorry, our movers are packing up our possessions for shipping back to the
> UK as I write this and the week doesn't get any less hectic from hear on
> in so I will not have chance to review the release formally.
>
> Apologies,
>
> Rob

Rob - I hope the move goes smoothly.

Everything should be done now - the JDBC tests are turned off for the
windows developement test build because of the mmap files/TDB issues but
I would have through the testing elsewhere was sufficient - it's not a
jena-jdbc issue per se.

The remoteauth tests do occasionally lock up (the build server can be
busy and I'm guessing is bad timing with running at the same time as a
build that also does some network operations).

None of this is urgent, more about tidying up so the next release
manager does not bump into strangeness.

	Andy

Re: [VOTE] Release jena 2.11.0

Posted by Rob Vesse <rv...@yarcdata.com>.

Re: [] Release jena 2.11.0

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 17/09/13 16:06, Ian Dickinson wrote:
> ... minor concerns  ...

> I did notice that there are no changes for 2.11.0 listed in
> ReleaseNotes-{TDB,Jena}.txt, only ReleaseNotes-ARQ.txt lists any
> changes. Hope that's OK - I've kind of lost track of which bits are
> changing where.
>
> For Fuseki, the ReleaseNotes.txt don't have a 1.0.0 section, empty or otherwise.

Sorry about that.  This release has taken a lot of time to pull
everything into the build and the version number changes propagated (if
you dine any stray references on the website, please fix them) then
getting the build stable.  It seems proper checking of the ReleaseNotes
fell off my task list somehow.

It would be good if everyone concerned could update anything they find
incomplete, including backdating to the last release.

	Andy

Re: [VOTE] Release jena 2.11.0

Posted by Ian Dickinson <i....@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release jena 2.11.0

Posted by Ian Dickinson <i....@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release jena 2.11.0

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

[RESULT] Release Jena 2.11.0

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
The vote for the release of Jena 2.11.0 passes.  I'll now start the
pushing out of bits (source-release + binaries, maven artifacts, new
website), wait for the mirrors and then make announcements.

This has been a large release with lots of new functionality - well done
to everyone for getting this all done.

	Andy

Voting:

+1's

PMC:
Claude, Andy, Ian

Committers:
Ying

0 vote:

Users:
Holger

-1 votes:
None.

	Andy

Re: [VOTE] Release jena 2.11.0

Posted by Claude Warren <cl...@xenei.com>.
+1

--
I like: Like Like - The likeliest place on the web<http://like-like.xenei.com>

Re: [] Release jena 2.11.0

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 13/09/13 01:53, Holger Knublauch wrote:
> My vote is [0] - I wouldn't want to hold up the release but there is an
> unresolved ticket with regards to the bulk update handler from our
> perspective. We will need to patch our copy of Jena so that it still
> uses the BulkUpdateHandler instead of the GraphUtil methods, because
> otherwise SDB performance will suffer which would badly impact our
> customer's experience.
>
> Holger

Holger,

You are most welcome to take the Jena source code and modify it.  The
Apache License covers redistribution and use of trademarks.

I've just pushed the source-release artifact for Jena, which is the
formal item we have just voted on.  For Jena, this is exactly the code
tree that was used by maven to construct the binaries.  It is tagged as
well:

Re: [VOTE] Release jena 2.11.0

Posted by Holger Knublauch <ho...@knublauch.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release jena 2.11.0

Posted by Ying Jiang <jp...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

+1 absolutely

I hope jena-spatial can be released in Jena 2.11.0 during the GSoC
program, which ends in late September.

Cheers,
Ying Jiang

Re: [VOTE] Release jena 2.11.0