Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jim Handwerk <ji...@jhandwerk.com> on 2001/09/05 22:47:20 UTC

mod_webapp build problem (Related to earlier mapping problem question)

I managed to find an earlier missive in the archives about the problem I was
having and Pier responded that there was a patch for the source.
Whether this works or not, I'm still trying to find out.  I can't seem to
build the module with the instructions in the readme for the WebApp library.

System info:  RH7.1, Apache 1.3.20, downloaded binary from apache.org,
Tomcat4.0b7

CVS downloads seem to be ok (and the latest include the patch mentioned --
which is not in 4b7 src dist)
buildconf.sh appears to run ok as well.
When I run:

    ./configure --with-apxs

things fall apart.

End of the checking list returned looks like this:

    checking Tomcat 4.0 directory... not required
    checking for apxs... /usr/local/apache/bin/apxs
    checking if apxs is working... ./configure: /usr/local/apache/bin/apxs:
No such file or directory
    no
    configure: error: apxs is unworkable

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim Handwerk

Re: mod_webapp build problem (Related to earlier mapping problem question)

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
"Jim Handwerk" <ji...@jhandwerk.com> wrote:

> I managed to find an earlier missive in the archives about the problem I was
> having and Pier responded that there was a patch for the source.
> Whether this works or not, I'm still trying to find out.  I can't seem to
> build the module with the instructions in the readme for the WebApp library.
>
> System info:  RH7.1, Apache 1.3.20, downloaded binary from apache.org,
> Tomcat4.0b7
>
> CVS downloads seem to be ok (and the latest include the patch mentioned --
> which is not in 4b7 src dist)
> buildconf.sh appears to run ok as well.
> When I run:
>
>   ./configure --with-apxs
>
> things fall apart.
>
> End of the checking list returned looks like this:
>
>   checking Tomcat 4.0 directory... not required
>   checking for apxs... /usr/local/apache/bin/apxs
>   checking if apxs is working... ./configure: /usr/local/apache/bin/apxs:
> No such file or directory
>   no
>   configure: error: apxs is unworkable
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Aha... I finally found the source of all great problems... It's the binary
distribution from Apache.ORG which seems to include a non-working APXS...

I'll dig into it... Stay tuned...

    Pier