Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Gary L Peskin <ga...@firstech.com> on 2001/03/01 06:02:33 UTC

Re: Xalan2 with Xerces1.3

Somsak AsSawakulpaibool wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I'm testing Xalan2 (xalan-j 2.0.0) with Xerces 1.3.0
> I tested the schema validation by modified the DOM2DOM sample's code and create birds.xsd (see below codes).
> It works fine with Xerces 1.2.3 (The one that comes with Xalan2), but I got below error when I run program.
>
> What did I do wrong?
>
> A.Somsak
>
> -- ERROR MESSAGE --
>
> Exception in thread "main" javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: DOM006 Hierarchy request error

This is caused by a mismatch in the template namespace (which is null)
and the Class element namespace (which is "").  Apparently Xerces now
correctly reports an empty string for the default namespace.  Somewhere
in our stylesheet ContentHandler, we must be changing it to a null.
I'll look into where we can fix it most easily and make or post a
change.

Thank you for reporting this problem.

Gary