Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com> on 2009/02/20 17:57:28 UTC

Bug in Tomcat, version unknown

INFO: Deploying web application archive secret.war
Feb 4, 2009 6:30:16 PM org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester
startElement
SEVERE: Begin event threw exception
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: <session-config> element is limited
to 1 occurance

          ^
the correct word is occurrence.

Ref : Cambridge Dictionary

Unfortunately, the Original Poster does not indicate the Tomcat version.
Original thread : hard-to-reproduce startup error with session-config

Re: Bug in Tomcat, version unknown

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
Mark Thomas wrote:
> I hate to break it to you but given your input to date on this list I
> think you already were a contributor.

Oh my ! You mean I have been a /Tomcat Contributor/ for a while and did
not even know about it ?  Can I wear a special badge now at ApacheCON in
Amsterdam ?

Re: Bug in Tomcat, version unknown

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
André Warnier wrote:
> Mark Thomas wrote:

>>> The error exists in the current (6.0.18) version; the author is at
>>> least consistent, since he misspelled it in three places.  The file
>>> in question is:
>>>   org/apache/catalina/startup/WebRuleSet.java
>>>
>>> It's also misspelled in:
>>>   javax/servlet/resources/web-app_2_4.xsd
>>> but at least there it's only in a :documentation tag.
>>
>> Fixed in trunk. Proposed for 6.0.x
>>
> Does that qualify me as a contributor now ?
> After all, I spotted the bug, and proposed the patch.

I hate to break it to you but given your input to date on this list I
think you already were a contributor.

> I respectfully submit to the commitee that Chuck might also deserve a
> mention, for having identified the precise areas affected by the bug.

Chuck too.

Thanks for spotting this.

Mark

Re: Bug in Tomcat, version unknown

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
I find myself spelling prioritise the english way..
consequently getting blasted by yanks for 'mis-spelt words'
...consider the source...

Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note

> From: Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com
> To: users@tomcat.apache.org
> Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 11:55:31 -0600
> Subject: RE: Bug in Tomcat, version unknown
>
> > From: André Warnier [mailto:aw@ice-sa.com]
> > Subject: Bug in Tomcat, version unknown
> >
> > Feb 4, 2009 6:30:16 PM org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester
> > startElement
> > SEVERE: Begin event threw exception
> > java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: <session-config> element
> > is limited to 1 occurance
> >           ^
> > the correct word is occurrence.
>
> The error exists in the current (6.0.18) version; the author is at least consistent, since he misspelled it in three places.  The file in question is:
>   org/apache/catalina/startup/WebRuleSet.java
>
> It's also misspelled in:
>   javax/servlet/resources/web-app_2_4.xsd
> but at least there it's only in a :documentation tag.
>
>  - Chuck
>

> THIS COMMUNICATION MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR OTHERWISE PROPRIETARY MATERIAL and is thus for use only by the intended recipient. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the e-mail and its attachments from all computers.

Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync.
http://windowslive.com/howitworks?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t1_allup_howitworks_022009

RE: Bug in Tomcat, version unknown

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.