Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/19 17:51:59 UTC

Tests failing on 1.5.x branch

I am setting up a system to be a buildbot capable of running all of
our tests including bindings.  For now, I am just working to make sure
I have everything installed so I can build and run all the tests.  I
am using the 1.5.x branch for this.

Running the Neon tests I get these failures:

FAIL:  update_tests.py 9: update missing items (by name) in working copy
FAIL:  update_tests.py 30: forced update tolerates obstructions to adds
FAIL:  merge_tests.py 86: cyclic merges dont add mergeinfo from own history

Can someone else run these to make sure it is not just my system?  So
far, the only other problem I have had is that I cannot get the Python
bindings to build.  Java, Perl and Ruby all built fine and I have ran
the Java tests.

Platform info:

CentOS 5
Apache 2.2.3
APR 1.2.7
Neon 0.25.5
BDB 4.3.29 (these were fsfs tests running)
gcc 4.1.2

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard
http://markphip.blogspot.com/

Re: Tests failing on 1.5.x branch

Posted by Lieven Govaerts <sv...@mobsol.be>.
Mark Phippard wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 1:56 PM, Lieven Govaerts <sv...@mobsol.be> wrote:
>> Mark Phippard wrote:
>>> I am setting up a system to be a buildbot capable of running all of
>>> our tests including bindings.  For now, I am just working to make sure
>>> I have everything installed so I can build and run all the tests.  I
>>> am using the 1.5.x branch for this.
>>>
>>> Running the Neon tests I get these failures:
>>>
>>> FAIL:  update_tests.py 9: update missing items (by name) in working copy
>>> FAIL:  update_tests.py 30: forced update tolerates obstructions to adds
>>> FAIL:  merge_tests.py 86: cyclic merges dont add mergeinfo from own history
>>>
>>> Can someone else run these to make sure it is not just my system?  So
>>> far, the only other problem I have had is that I cannot get the Python
>>> bindings to build.  Java, Perl and Ruby all built fine and I have ran
>>> the Java tests.
>>>
>>> Platform info:
>>>
>>> CentOS 5
>>> Apache 2.2.3
>>> APR 1.2.7
>>> Neon 0.25.5
>>> BDB 4.3.29 (these were fsfs tests running)
>>> gcc 4.1.2
>>>
>> FWIW, the Mac buildbot has successfully run the 1.5.x tests over ra_neon
>> 4 hours ago.
>
> OK.  I currently cannot reach the buildbot so could not check.

Buildbot was down the last hour or so. I'm anxiously waiting for my
hosting provider to get the new machine configured correctly (which
apparently takes weeks) so I can move the buildbot master.

Lieven

Re: Tests failing on 1.5.x branch

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 1:56 PM, Lieven Govaerts <sv...@mobsol.be> wrote:
> Mark Phippard wrote:
>> I am setting up a system to be a buildbot capable of running all of
>> our tests including bindings.  For now, I am just working to make sure
>> I have everything installed so I can build and run all the tests.  I
>> am using the 1.5.x branch for this.
>>
>> Running the Neon tests I get these failures:
>>
>> FAIL:  update_tests.py 9: update missing items (by name) in working copy
>> FAIL:  update_tests.py 30: forced update tolerates obstructions to adds
>> FAIL:  merge_tests.py 86: cyclic merges dont add mergeinfo from own history
>>
>> Can someone else run these to make sure it is not just my system?  So
>> far, the only other problem I have had is that I cannot get the Python
>> bindings to build.  Java, Perl and Ruby all built fine and I have ran
>> the Java tests.
>>
>> Platform info:
>>
>> CentOS 5
>> Apache 2.2.3
>> APR 1.2.7
>> Neon 0.25.5
>> BDB 4.3.29 (these were fsfs tests running)
>> gcc 4.1.2
>>

> FWIW, the Mac buildbot has successfully run the 1.5.x tests over ra_neon
> 4 hours ago.

OK.  I currently cannot reach the buildbot so could not check.  I'll
look at the test results closer to see if it is some kind of hardware
anomaly.  Actually, do we support httpd 2.2.3?  I recall we required
newer than that.  I am using the stock CentOS rpms for most of this
stuff.

Posted by Lieven Govaerts <sv...@mobsol.be>.
Mark Phippard wrote:
> I am going to re-run the Neon tests.  In the meantime, here are Serf
> test failures:
>
> FAIL:  basic_tests.py 6: basic mkdir URL, including parent directories
> FAIL:  copy_tests.py 25: svn cp src-URL non-existent-URL-path
>
> Details:

..
>     raise SVNProcessTerminatedBySignal
> SVNProcessTerminatedBySignal
> FAIL:  basic_tests.py 6: basic mkdir URL, including parent directories

I can't reproduce this errors on my machine. Are they consistent?

It looks like svn is segfaulting here, can you get us a stacktrace?

Lieven

Re: Tests failing on 1.5.x branch

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.
I am going to re-run the Neon tests.  In the meantime, here are Serf
test failures:

FAIL:  basic_tests.py 6: basic mkdir URL, including parent directories
FAIL:  copy_tests.py 25: svn cp src-URL non-existent-URL-path

Details:

CMD: svnadmin create svn-test-work/repositories/basic_tests-6
--bdb-txn-nosync "--fs-type=fsfs" <TIME = 0.168499>
CMD: svnadmin dump "svn-test-work/local_tmp/repos" | svnadmin load
"svn-test-work/repositories/basic_tests-6" --ignore-uuid <TIME =
0.005661>
CMD: svn co http://localhost:3317/svn-test-work/repositories/basic_tests-6
svn-test-work/working_copies/basic_tests-6 --config-dir
/u1/build/svn-1.5.x/subversion/tests/cmdline/svn-test-work/local_tmp/config
--password rayjandom --no-auth-cache --username jrandom <TIME =
0.253665>
CMD: svn mkdir -m log_msg
http://localhost:3317/svn-test-work/repositories/basic_tests-6/X/Y/Z
http://localhost:3317/svn-test-work/repositories/basic_tests-6/X/Y/Z2
http://localhost:3317/svn-test-work/repositories/basic_tests-6/X/T/C
http://localhost:3317/svn-test-work/repositories/basic_tests-6/U/V
--config-dir /u1/build/svn-1.5.x/subversion/tests/cmdline/svn-test-work/local_tmp/config
--password rayjandom --no-auth-cache --username jrandomEXCEPTION:
SVNProcessTerminatedBySignal
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/u1/build/svn-1.5.x/subversion/tests/cmdline/svntest/main.py",
line 1081, in run
    rc = apply(self.pred.run, (), kw)
  File "/u1/build/svn-1.5.x/subversion/tests/cmdline/svntest/testcase.py",
line 121, in run
    return self.func(sandbox)
  File "/u1/build/svn-1.5.x/subversion/tests/cmdline/basic_tests.py",
line 254, in basic_mkdir_url_with_parents
    X_Y_Z_url, X_Y_Z2_url, X_T_C_url, U_V_url)
  File "/u1/build/svn-1.5.x/subversion/tests/cmdline/svntest/actions.py",
line 175, in run_and_verify_svn
    out, err = main.run_svn(want_err, *varargs)
  File "/u1/build/svn-1.5.x/subversion/tests/cmdline/svntest/main.py",
line 496, in run_svn
    return run_command(svn_binary, error_expected, 0,
  File "/u1/build/svn-1.5.x/subversion/tests/cmdline/svntest/main.py",
line 316, in run_command
    None, *varargs)
  File "/u1/build/svn-1.5.x/subversion/tests/cmdline/svntest/main.py",
line 429, in run_command_stdin
    stdin_lines,
  File "/u1/build/svn-1.5.x/subversion/tests/cmdline/svntest/main.py",
line 410, in spawn_process
    exit_code = wait_on_pipe(kid, stdout_lines, stderr_lines)
  File "/u1/build/svn-1.5.x/subversion/tests/cmdline/svntest/main.py",
line 377, in wait_on_pipe
    raise SVNProcessTerminatedBySignal
SVNProcessTerminatedBySignal
FAIL:  basic_tests.py 6: basic mkdir URL, including parent directories

And ....

CMD: svnadmin create svn-test-work/repositories/copy_tests-25
--bdb-txn-nosync "--fs-type=fsfs" <TIME = 0.338735>
CMD: svnadmin dump "svn-test-work/local_tmp/repos" | svnadmin load
"svn-test-work/repositories/copy_tests-25" --ignore-uuid <TIME =
0.005728>
CMD: svn cp http://localhost:3317/svn-test-work/repositories/copy_tests-25/A/B/E
http://localhost:3317/svn-test-work/repositories/copy_tests-25/G/C/E/I
-m fooogle --config-dir
/u1/build/svn-1.5.x/subversion/tests/cmdline/svn-test-work/local_tmp/config
--password rayjandom --no-auth-cache --username jrandomEXCEPTION:
SVNProcessTerminatedBySignal
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/u1/build/svn-1.5.x/subversion/tests/cmdline/svntest/main.py",
line 1081, in run
    rc = apply(self.pred.run, (), kw)
  File "/u1/build/svn-1.5.x/subversion/tests/cmdline/svntest/testcase.py",
line 121, in run
    return self.func(sandbox)
  File "/u1/build/svn-1.5.x/subversion/tests/cmdline/copy_tests.py",
line 1608, in url_to_non_existent_url_path
    '-m', 'fooogle')

Posted by Paul Burba <pt...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 1:56 PM, Lieven Govaerts <sv...@mobsol.be> wrote:
> Mark Phippard wrote:
>> I am setting up a system to be a buildbot capable of running all of
>> our tests including bindings.  For now, I am just working to make sure
>> I have everything installed so I can build and run all the tests.  I
>> am using the 1.5.x branch for this.
>>
>> Running the Neon tests I get these failures:
>>
>> FAIL:  update_tests.py 9: update missing items (by name) in working copy
>> FAIL:  update_tests.py 30: forced update tolerates obstructions to adds
>> FAIL:  merge_tests.py 86: cyclic merges dont add mergeinfo from own history
>>
>> Can someone else run these to make sure it is not just my system?  So
>> far, the only other problem I have had is that I cannot get the Python
>> bindings to build.  Java, Perl and Ruby all built fine and I have ran
>> the Java tests.
>>
>> Platform info:
>>
>> CentOS 5
>> Apache 2.2.3
>> APR 1.2.7
>> Neon 0.25.5
>> BDB 4.3.29 (these were fsfs tests running)
>> gcc 4.1.2
>>

> FWIW, the Mac buildbot has successfully run the 1.5.x tests over ra_neon
> 4 hours ago.

I just ran these three tests over ra_neon with 1.5.x@33195 on Win32
and they pass as well.

Paul

Re: Tests failing on 1.5.x branch

Posted by Lieven Govaerts <sv...@mobsol.be>.

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 1:51 PM, Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am setting up a system to be a buildbot capable of running all of
> our tests including bindings.  For now, I am just working to make sure
> I have everything installed so I can build and run all the tests.  I
> am using the 1.5.x branch for this.
>
> Running the Neon tests I get these failures:
>
> FAIL:  update_tests.py 9: update missing items (by name) in working copy
> FAIL:  update_tests.py 30: forced update tolerates obstructions to adds
> FAIL:  merge_tests.py 86: cyclic merges dont add mergeinfo from own history
>
> Can someone else run these to make sure it is not just my system?  So
> far, the only other problem I have had is that I cannot get the Python
> bindings to build.  Java, Perl and Ruby all built fine and I have ran
> the Java tests.

No Neon failures the second time.
--
Thanks